+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application status changed weird

bbfrog

Dec 2, 2014
Hi guys, Im asking this for a friend.
My friend applied for TRV based on work permit online. She submitted on Nov 5, and got the passport request email on Nov 14, and passport received on Nov 17.
On Nov 25, she got the email said the decision is made for her application. She checked on her CIC account, and the application status showed closed, and also the "A final decision has been reached" line showed approved. We thought that she's about to get passport back soon.
However, today she got another email said the application status changed. When she login CIC, the application status became to “open” now, and "A final decision has been reached" line shows "not started".
My friend is extremely anxious now, we have no idea why the application goes back to open status again.
Does anyone have similar experience?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
bbfrog said:
My friend applied for TRV based on work permit online. She submitted on Nov 5, and got the passport request email on Nov 14, and passport received on Nov 17.
On Nov 25, she got the email said the decision is made for her application. She checked on her CIC account, and the application status showed closed, and also the "A final decision has been reached" line showed approved. We thought that she's about to get passport back soon.
However, today she got another email said the application status changed. When she login CIC, the application status became to “open” now, and "A final decision has been reached" line shows "not started".
My friend is extremely anxious now, we have no idea why the application goes back to open status again.
Sometimes CIC system loses it..... but it all comes back again to normal.

If you are still seeing this I encourage you to call CIC to inquire about this.

MEHA

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi,

I too applied for my TRV on 17th November... It was a paper application but i have not received my passport yet.... Im really nervous??? Has anyone got their passport who applied after 17th Nov?

SamDhaka

Dec 29, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1122/8222
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17, 2010
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 25, 2011; AOR: Mar 24, 2011
Med's Request
Jun 30, 2011
Med's Done....
Jul 16, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 2011
bbfrog said:
Did your friend finally get the visa? i experienced similar thing today with my mom's application..worried now..