+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application Rejected

shukur

Feb 25, 2011
Hello,

I have applied for a TRV for my Wife on 27th Jan 2015 from Canada online application. The TRV got rejected with in a week. I am residing on Work Permit. The TRV got rejected for the below reasons.

Your Family ties in canada and in your country of residence

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assests,to carry out your stated purpose in going to canada or to maintain yourself while in canada.

Me and wife have showed enough funds in both of our bank accounts, she is currently working in India.

Could someone help me out with few suggestions please...

Thanks..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shukur said:
Me and wife have showed enough funds in both of our bank accounts, she is currently working in India.
How much does she earn and how much did you/your wife showed? Where does it say it is enough when Visa office said it isn't?

shukur

Feb 25, 2011
Hii,
She is earning around 3 LPA in India, She showed around 6 Lakhs in her acconut, And i have showed around $11000 in my account and my annual income is $32000 PA.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long was she planning to visit for? A few weeks or a few months? If more than a few weeks then CIC may have doubted she really had strong ties to her home country and may have suspected her intention was to try to remain in Canada with you long term.

You have provided very little background/profile information so it's difficult to help you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
a. How long has your wife been working?

As she is earning INR 3 LPA (CAD 6000).... which I am assuming is before tax, other deductions and paying for living expenses..... is the INR 6 LPA (CAD 12000) savings that she has shown entirely her own?

b. What is your status in Canada?

shukur

Feb 25, 2011
Hello,

She is been working for more than three and half years. She has shown 6 Lakhs as her own savings, as in India all her living expenses are bared by her parents. She is earning 3 LPA there are no taxes levied as the amount comes under tax slabs in India.

She has shown her Tax Filing statement and Form 16 for the year 2013-2014

shukur

Feb 25, 2011
Hello,

She has applied for a 6 weeks vacation, and got approval from her employer and submitted the letter from employer.

We have submitted the below documents along with TRV.

Date of marriage with invitation card.
Marriage certificate and marriage pics
My wife's Letter from Employer stating her income and position, leave approval and her rejoining date stating that her position will be the same after returning back from leave.
Her Offer letter, Tax Filing statements,Form 16.
six months Pay stubs , six Months Bank statement.
Bank statement Certificate stating the Total saving amounts up to CAD 12000.
Confirmed Travel itinerary based on the leave granted on date of travelling and returning.
Letter from my employer stating my income and position.
My offer letter, Pay stubs and bank statement showing a savings of CAD 11000
Invitation letter stating that as we didn't got much time to spend together after our marriage due to many rituals and ceremonies in the marriage.
we did not get the time to go on our honeymoon,That I would like to bring my wife to Canada on a visitor visa so that we can bond together and get to know each other more closely.
A statutory declaration I would take responsibility towards her lodging and Boarding and she would be residing with me and that she will not be a financial burden and will not be seeking any assistance from any government agency while in Canada.

I Have submitted online application in canada on 27th Jan 2015 and got a reply on 2nd feb 2015 as rejected..

Please suggest us what documents we have missed out and where have gone wrong.

Please suggest us if we can apply for TRV once again.

As our TRV got rejected for the below reasons..

Your Family ties in canada and in your country of residence

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assests,to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada. :-[

Or please suggest if we can opt for any other option..

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shukur said:
Hello All,

Please help us with your suggestions..

Thanks
Why don't she work on providing more proofs about her family ties in home country? CAD 12,000 isn't much when translating some CAD280 a day. Besides, why do she need 6 weeks staying in your place but not going to do other sightseeings such as visiting the Rockies or Niagara Falls?

shukur

Feb 25, 2011
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions..

Could you please suggest whether we should apply for a TRV once again or apply for SOWP.

Thanks.

dominik-bcpnp

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2015/received by CPC on the 10th
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 26th of May 2015, DM on 24th of June 2015
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
I'd say SOWP is the better bet. I don't want to make this sound offending, but I'll be brutally honest with you. That's my understanding of what happened.

Every time someone applies for a TRV to "visit" his/her spouse, CIC are considering the possibility, that the spouse will want to stay in Canada. Especialy if the visiting spouse comes from a country with a lower life standard like India. If you can't show proof, that your wife is in a financial position, where she enjoys a high life standard in India, they might assume, she wants to come to Canada for economic reasons, rather than just for a short visit. Especially as her husband lives and works in Canada. And her savings and income might just not seem enough to justify the willingness to return home.
And as you guys have told them, you have hardly spent any time together in India, and want to get to know each other better, it may seem like an arranged marriage to them. One more reason for them to assume, she wants to come and stay.

However, your spouses intend to be with her husband, is more than justified. Nobody at CIC will judge your personal relationship. They just don't want to have the feeling to be lied to. So applying for a SOWP is a very logic step. You are married and want to be together.

Weather or not the fact, that you have applied and been refused a TRV, would influence your SOWP application, depends on, how the immigration officer looks at it. If he considers it as changing stories, your spouses OWP might be refused. So you might want to wait a couple of month before reapplying.

Didn't want to sound like, I judge your situation negatively. Just thinking, honest opinions help you the most. I have lots of friends from my wife's country of origin. Some of them are here on a work permit and have brought their families in on an SOWP (the children as accompanying minor). I even know a couple, that is in the same situation as you are. Didn't know well before marriage. Husband came to Canada for two years right after marriage. He brought his wife in on an SOWP. Was no problem. Just tell them, that you want your wife to be with you for the duration of your stay. It's a genuine request.

shukur

Feb 25, 2011
Hello dominik-bcpnp,

Thanks a ton !!! for your valuable time given in reviewing our profile and giving a valuable feedback.

Surely we will work on it.