Mar 27, 2015
My TRV application has been rejected for the following ground:

1. Travel History
2. Family ties in Canada and i country of residence
3. Employment prospects in country of residence
4. Current employment situation
5. Personal assets and financial status

Other reasons:

1. Large recent deposits of liquid assets not supported by sources of accumulated funds.
2. You have not demonstrated ties to compel return

SP application of my Spouse is still on process. Will it be wise to reapply for my TRV now before getting SP approval of my Spouse?

I had only CAD 3500 in my savings account which was diposited recently (14 days) while submitting the first application.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
naimul said:

1. Travel History

Other reasons:

1. Large recent deposits of liquid assets not supported by sources of accumulated funds.

SP application of my Spouse is still on process. Will it be wise to reapply for my TRV now before getting SP approval of my Spouse?

I had only CAD 3500 in my savings account which was diposited recently (14 days) while submitting the first application.
Why didn't u apply together with your spouse?

You should state why you are going to Canada.( a copy of your spouse admission letter, or your spouse including it in the SOP that they want you to accompany them)

Also, you have to explain where the CAD 3500 is coming from

naimul

Mar 27, 2015
I applied with my spouse SP application but got rejection. Now I am planning to reapply. Although my spouse did not get his Study Permit decision yet. Will my reapplication make trouble to my spouse SP?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
naimul said:
I applied with my spouse SP application but got rejection. Now I am planning to reapply. Although my spouse did not get his Study Permit decision yet. Will my reapplication make trouble to my spouse SP?
why did ur account have only 3500? did ur spouse have the rest of the required funds? read about the required fund for study permit and spouse on the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

so basically u need $10000 + 4000 + the fee. and this is just min funds the more u show the better

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naimul said:
since you apply together with spouse and you got rejection before your spouse got final decision. i will advise you to wait till your spouse get visa. and then make strong SOP to apply for your TRV . it happen to a friend of mine.

wife gt SP husband reject OWP.

he then reapply for TRV and was given a longer TRV.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
camani said:
since you apply together with spouse and you got rejection before your spouse got final decision. i will advise you to wait till your spouse get visa. and then make strong SOP to apply for your TRV . it happen to a friend of mine.

wife gt SP husband reject OWP.

he then reapply for TRV and was given a longer TRV.
I agree. I think you should wait.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
naimul said:

1. Travel History

Other reasons:

I don't know if this applies to other countries, but you have to have funds in your account for at least four months prior to your application. The VO is concerned where you got this sudden influx of funds and took it as a sign that you aren't really stable in your home country. To him, it shows you don't have anything to return to and thus will attempt to overstay in Canada when your visa expires.

May I know what is your current employment status/job? Coz this is crucial in proving whether your source of funds is legit or not.

naimul

Mar 27, 2015
Now I am not working. We married for 1.5 years just after completion of my MBA degree. I did not join to job because I wanted to pass some quality time with my husband and family. In fact I had no need for doing job for monetary reason. My husband is SP applicant and he will bear my living cost in Canada. My husband and my father was my sponsor. I showed my father's FDR for and assets for my country tie or to meet up any unforseen need if neccessary during my staying in Canada and return to Bangladesh (my home country).

I had FDR of CAD 2300 which is 2 years old and I also showed bank balance of CAD 3500 in my savings account which was deposited recently (14 days before taking the bank statement). I wrote during the TRV application that I will use this money to meet my air fare to Canada and returning Bangladesh. Source of my money was marraige gift. I also submitted tax clearance documents of my husband and my father for their sponsorship reason to me.

naimul

Mar 27, 2015
mead said:
why did ur account have only 3500? did ur spouse have the rest of the required funds? read about the required fund for study permit and spouse on the link below
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

so basically u need $10000 + 4000 + the fee. and this is just min funds the more u show the better
My Spouse is SP applicant. He is full funded and has surplus of fund than the stated amount in CIC webpage. He will bear all of my living expense.

I had additional CAD 3500 in my personal account and I submitted bank statement of this account and stated that I will use this money to cover my plane fare to go CANADA and return my home country.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
naimul said:
Now I am not working. We married for 1.5 years just after completion of my MBA degree. I did not join to job because I wanted to pass some quality time with my husband and family. In fact I had no need for doing job for monetary reason. My husband is SP applicant and he will bear my living cost in Canada. My husband and my father was my sponsor. I showed my father's FDR for and assets for my country tie or to meet up any unforseen need if neccessary during my staying in Canada and return to Bangladesh (my home country).

I had FDR of CAD 2300 which is 2 years old and I also showed bank balance of CAD 3500 in my savings account which was deposited recently (14 days before taking the bank statement). I wrote during the TRV application that I will use this money to meet my air fare to Canada and returning Bangladesh. Source of my money was marraige gift. I also submitted tax clearance documents of my husband and my father for their sponsorship reason to me.
Did you or your husband have a statement of purpose to go with your application? Has your husband's application been approved already?

The way I see it, since you have not held a job for a while, the VO is concerned if you will be able to support yourself in Canada. You have not made it clear to him what you will be doing in Canada while your husband is studying. This is not an issue of the amount of money that you or your husband have. That's also why he says you do not have enough ties to compel you to return to your home country.

Also, you really need to work on the source of your funds in your bank account. You say it's a marriage gift but you've been married 1.5 years already, why was it only deposited now? Perhaps, if your husband is sponsoring you and what he has is more than enough for you both, there's no need for you to declare additional bank account anymore.

Good luck

naimul

Mar 27, 2015
Yes my Husband's SOP was wtih my application. VO did not said that he is not convinced with my Puropose of visit.

No, my husband's application is under process. He is done with medical test and now waiting for passport submission email.

In my cover letter I clearly stated that I will look after my husband and household chores so that he can study and research peacefully. I had this
CAD 3500 from selling my wedding golds. My intention was to buy air tickets from my own money and that's why I showed this money. I am confused that if CAD 3500 can be declared as lot of cash!!!

Could you please help me now how can I write on this CAD 3500 to convince VO?

globalx

Jul 4, 2015
Hello Gurus in the house,

I am an ardent reader of this Canada travel page but i do not make comments.Please i have a serious issue that i need you guys to help me look into.

Recently i applied for a study permit for myself,an open work permit for my wife and a visitors visa for my son respectively.I stated in my Statement of purpose and on my form why i would want them along with me.

This afternoon,i received a refusal letter and quickly logged into my wife's account and my sons account and found out that they have been denied too.

Now this is the drama.

I applied as the main applicant, and the reason for refusal was under the *other reason category*

-Reason-
Your head of familys application has been denied.AS A MINOR DEPENDANT,YOUR APPLICATION IS LIKEWISE DENIED.

This was the reason for denying my son too.

On my wife's application who happens to be my own dependant who applied for an open work permit, her application was treated as the main applicant and the following were the boxes ticked

1. You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay

2.travel history

3.Purpose of visit.

Immediately after this drama,i sent them an email stating that the application has not been treated fairly as i was denied based on a condition that does not apply to me since i was the main applicant and the head of the family while my wife and son are the minor or dependent applicant.

I already paid 50 percent of my tuition,had around 35,000 canadian dollars in my own personal statement of account so money was not the issue.

This is a copy of the email i sent to them.

My application number is S*******and my name is *********.I have applied as a main applicant for a study permit alongside my wife for a work permit and my son for a visitors Visa.

Having carefully done my part as an applicant to submit and include all required document,i noticed in the paper of refusal sent to me that my case was treated as a minor applicant based on the ticked box and my wife's case was treated as the main applicant considering the boxes ticked on her refusal letter.

By this,i am made to belief that the decision process has been compromised because of this discrepancy and i ask that my application be revisited as it should have been treated.
I am afraid that this first mistake on the part of the Canadian immigration Service on my application will definitely preempt a decision likely not to be in my favor as the CIC UK may find it difficult to admit that my case has not been treated fairly,justly and that due diligence was not carried out during the process of making a decision on the entire family's application

I and my family members have a strong travel history especially within the European continent and the Schengen area and our passports are usually not stamped to show to the entry clearing officer.

Also, I as the main applicant and my family members have a workers permit which expires in 2017 and my study application to canada ends in 2016 so i do not see any reason why we will not leave canada at the end of my study.

I recently applied for my ******* Citizenship as i am already qualified and have met all the requirement in my present country of residence and i do not see any reason why my family will not return to ******* to accept our citizenship status.

Lastly,my purpose of visit as the main applicant is simple and clear,I have been admitted on a post-graduate certificate program at Fanshawe College and i duly attached my admission letter and a tuition deposit slip plus a bank statement showing my financial status.

I sincerely hope that my case is urgently treated and looked into as i am so worried that the credibility of the process at reaching a decision on our application has been compromised.

I do hope for a favorable response eventually.

Thank you,

We are not applicants from Nigeria but we are Nigerians.

Please,guys what do you think or advise because the application has been closed based on the info on my CIC account.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
globalx said:
Hello Gurus in the house,

I am an ardent reader of this Canada travel page but i do not make comments.Please i have a serious issue that i need you guys to help me look into.

Recently i applied for a study permit for myself,an open work permit for my wife and a visitors visa for my son respectively.I stated in my Statement of purpose and on my form why i would want them along with me.

This afternoon,i received a refusal letter and quickly logged into my wife's account and my sons account and found out that they have been denied too.

Now this is the drama.

I applied as the main applicant, and the reason for refusal was under the *other reason category*

-Reason-
Your head of familys application has been denied.AS A MINOR DEPENDANT,YOUR APPLICATION IS LIKEWISE DENIED.

This was the reason for denying my son too.

On my wife's application who happens to be my own dependant who applied for an open work permit, her application was treated as the main applicant and the following were the boxes ticked

1. You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay

2.travel history

3.Purpose of visit.

Immediately after this drama,i sent them an email stating that the application has not been treated fairly as i was denied based on a condition that does not apply to me since i was the main applicant and the head of the family while my wife and son are the minor or dependent applicant.

I already paid 50 percent of my tuition,had around 35,000 canadian dollars in my own personal statement of account so money was not the issue.

This is a copy of the email i sent to them.

My application number is S*******and my name is *********.I have applied as a main applicant for a study permit alongside my wife for a work permit and my son for a visitors Visa.

Having carefully done my part as an applicant to submit and include all required document,i noticed in the paper of refusal sent to me that my case was treated as a minor applicant based on the ticked box and my wife's case was treated as the main applicant considering the boxes ticked on her refusal letter.

By this,i am made to belief that the decision process has been compromised because of this discrepancy and i ask that my application be revisited as it should have been treated.
I am afraid that this first mistake on the part of the Canadian immigration Service on my application will definitely preempt a decision likely not to be in my favor as the CIC UK may find it difficult to admit that my case has not been treated fairly,justly and that due diligence was not carried out during the process of making a decision on the entire family's application

I and my family members have a strong travel history especially within the European continent and the Schengen area and our passports are usually not stamped to show to the entry clearing officer.

Also, I as the main applicant and my family members have a workers permit which expires in 2017 and my study application to canada ends in 2016 so i do not see any reason why we will not leave canada at the end of my study.

I recently applied for my ******* Citizenship as i am already qualified and have met all the requirement in my present country of residence and i do not see any reason why my family will not return to ******* to accept our citizenship status.

Lastly,my purpose of visit as the main applicant is simple and clear,I have been admitted on a post-graduate certificate program at Fanshawe College and i duly attached my admission letter and a tuition deposit slip plus a bank statement showing my financial status.

I sincerely hope that my case is urgently treated and looked into as i am so worried that the credibility of the process at reaching a decision on our application has been compromised.

I do hope for a favorable response eventually.

Thank you,

We are not applicants from Nigeria but we are Nigerians.

Please,guys what do you think or advise because the application has been closed based on the info on my CIC account.
Hi globally,
Very sorry about your drama. Can u state what documents you sub,item for the entire application?

Also what is your status in the UK?

globalx

Jul 4, 2015
Hi excitedme,
This are the documents i submitted basically, can't remember all but this are the main papers
My study application form,
S.O.Purpose stating that my family will be coming with me.
Personal Bank statement with around 35,000 dollars
50 percent tuition deposit receipt
Police report
My work and resident permit valid till 2017
My one year graduate certificate admission letter
Landed property paper back home
Previous study certificates and ielts result
stamped pages on my passport as travel history

This are just basically what i submitted. And for my wife,application form for open work permit, her professional certification papers,university certificate,investment papers,police report etc.

For my son ,his application form, birth certificate, and a letter of introduction from me.

But seriously,how on earth will a whole Canadian Visa Officer make such an irresponsible conclusion on our application.I am so disappointed and angry at the same time.

Guys,pls advice...Have you been or heard of a similar situation...pls advice

Cowgirlyyc

Mar 30, 2013
globalx said:
My work and resident permit valid till 2017
My one year graduate certificate admission letter
Landed property paper back home
Previous study certificates and ielts result
stamped pages on my passport as travel history

This are just basically what i submitted. And for my wife,application form for open work permit, her professional certification papers,university certificate,investment papers,police report etc.

For my son ,his application form, birth certificate, and a letter of introduction from me.

But seriously,how on earth will a whole Canadian Visa Officer make such an irresponsible conclusion on our application.I am so disappointed and angry at the same time.

Guys,pls advice...Have you been or heard of a similar situation...pls advice
I am sorry to hear you got rejected.
Based on the information you shared, I don't think the outcome would have been different, even if you applied just for yourself and not with your dependents. Your permits are expiring in 2017 in UK and they must have thought you would be saying in Canada afterwards. Also I believe the school is a factor too. For a year long certificate program, is it really worth to move your family and household to another country? If you really want to go back to UK after completing your certificate program, why wouldn't you keep your place in the UK?
If it was a 2-3 year long graduate degree, moving your family and stuff would make sense but not for a certificate. Don't get me wrong, I'm sharing these ideas so it might help to submit proper proof for re applying.