Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Hi all,

I just applied through a Visa center here in Muscat for a TRV and all I have is a tracking number that I believe is not the actual (official application number) but just the one the Visa center uses for their internal tracking purposes. Does anyone know how I can get the official number so I can track my application online through the CIC site? By the way, I applied in paper form - not online.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Hi all,

I just applied through a Visa center here in Muscat for a TRV and all I have is a tracking number that I believe is not the actual (official application number) but just the one the Visa center uses for their internal tracking purposes. Does anyone know how I can get the official number so I can track my application online through the CIC site? By the way, I applied in paper form - not online.
I guess you applied through Paper and want to link your application online

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
if someone has no number then how to link it?
Use your family name/DOB... there is a profile form everyone fills... As it is in the form put it in the option where it's required. Also you would be required to input your date of entry and exit... it's still part of the form you filled

Reactions: nabilkhan

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Use your family name/DOB... there is a profile form everyone fills... As it is in the form put it in the option where it's required. Also you would be required to input your date of entry and exit... it's still part of the form you filled
okay.. thanks a lot.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
if someone has no number then how to link it?
Create a new GC Key account. On the link https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html, click "Sign in or create an account to apply online" on right and go down a little to "continue to GC Key" and click it. Now click "Sign Up" on the right and create a new profile. Remember the answers to the security questions that you'd be setting at this time.
Once that's done, login again and click "Add (link) your application to your account " on the User's account page.
Select category as "temporary residence" and sub-category as TRV. Under "Application details" select last option. Enter UCI, no hyphens and no space. Enter Family Name as last name on passport (upper/lower case matters). Next, select passport form drop down.
Enter all other fields as filled in application form. And click "search my application". If all fields are correct it will give you the application and you can proceed with linking it. If not, it give you 4 more attempts in 24 hours and then it would ask you to try again after 24 hours.

Reactions: nabilkhan

nabilkhan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Create a new GC Key account. On the link https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html, click "Sign in or create an account to apply online" on right and go down a little to "continue to GC Key" and click it. Now click "Sign Up" on the right and create a new profile. Remember the answers to the security questions that you'd be setting at this time.
Once that's done, login again and click "Add (link) your application to your account " on the User's account page.
Select category as "temporary residence" and sub-category as TRV. Under "Application details" select last option. Enter UCI, no hyphens and no space. Enter Family Name as last name on passport (upper/lower case matters). Next, select passport form drop down.
Enter all other fields as filled in application form. And click "search my application". If all fields are correct it will give you the application and you can proceed with linking it. If not, it give you 4 more attempts in 24 hours and then it would ask you to try again after 24 hours.
thanks a lot, my application is linked now.

Reactions: myra20sharma