+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application Mailing Time

psachini9890

Dec 6, 2017
I sent my passport on October 31st and Ottawa received it on November 6th . It got approved on November 14th and I still haven't received it yet.

I called them and they said they haven't sent it yet, its only just gone for printing!

I applied within Canada and I have a flight to catch on the 18th!

Good luck to all of us!
Have you received your passport yet?

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Hi guys! My profile just got updated. My visa is approved-approved with counterfoil and everything. Hopefully, they'll mail my passport soon.

Date of Application: November 7, 2017
Passport Request: November 21, 2017
Passport Submission: November 23, 2017
Passport Received at CPC-Ottawa: November 24, 2017
Visa Approved: December 6, 2017

I'm hoping they'll send it soon cause I have a flight on the 20th.

cammy

Nov 24, 2017
Hang in there guys! The past month has been torture for me just waiting and waiting being full of anxiety. One thing that helped me is.....I asked the customer care agent if she would be willing to email CPP Ottawa on my behalf and tell them about my pre-booked flight. I explained to her that even though I do not have a medical emergency, I have a ticket already booked that my family purchased for me and I do not want to incur costs. Then I called back the following day, as she had asked me to call back and ask for an update on my file. The next customer agent told me they must have seen the email as I was approved literally that same day, within 24 hrs. I think that helped speed up my process. Here is my timeline:

Date of Application:
October 27th
Passport Request: November 3rd
Passport Sent to CPC-Ottawa: November 10th
Passport Received at CPC-Ottawa: November 14th
Visa Approved: November 29th
Tracker Activated: December 6th
Visa Received: Waiting....

lackeywest

Dec 6, 2017
Hang in there guys! The past month has been torture for me just waiting and waiting being full of anxiety. One thing that helped me is.....I asked the customer care agent if she would be willing to email CPP Ottawa on my behalf and tell them about my pre-booked flight. I explained to her that even though I do not have a medical emergency, I have a ticket already booked that my family purchased for me and I do not want to incur costs. Then I called back the following day, as she had asked me to call back and ask for an update on my file. The next customer agent told me they must have seen the email as I was approved literally that same day, within 24 hrs. I think that helped speed up my process. Here is my timeline:

Date of Application:
October 27th
Hey Cammy! We have the exact same time intervals.
I was wondering what time your tracker was activated.
Thanks!

somaiah88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017

Date of Application:
October 27th
it looks like it takes about 3 weeks from sending the passport to get the track activated
If you pre-paid express it will arrive maximum in 2 days

Nov 20, 2017

Date of Application:
October 27th
Just wanted to know when did you call them actually after calling the visa got approved or the tracker got activated ?

bin9006

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hi guys! My profile just got updated. My visa is approved-approved with counterfoil and everything. Hopefully, they'll mail my passport soon.

Date of Application: November 7, 2017
Passport Request: November 21, 2017
Passport Submission: November 23, 2017
Passport Received at CPC-Ottawa: November 24, 2017
Visa Approved: December 6, 2017

I'm hoping they'll send it soon cause I have a flight on the 20th.
I have the same situation with you. My visa approved Dec 7. My flight on the Dec 23.

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Hi! Does CIC let you know that tracker is now activated or I need to check it everyday?