TRV Application Mailing Time

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Hi! Did anyone applied for TRV inside Canada this November and know what's the processing time? I'm low-key freaking out because I have travel plans this December and they haven't updated my application yet.

Application: November 7, 2017
Passport Request: November 21, 2017
Passport Submission: November 23, 2017

arjun_sood333

Sep 28, 2017
Hi
Similar situation. They received my passport on 22nd, and they didnt dispatch it yet. I am going to India on 9th of december. I might have to cancel I guess

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
They are tremendously heavy on applications this time of the year (thats what was told to me when I called).

My timeline
Application online: 05 Nov 2017
Passport request: 18 Nov 2017
Passport received by Ottawa 21 Nov 2017.
Till now no update. Tracker dint even got activated.
Called IRCC as it exceeded the number of days. I was informed due to season and heavy applications volume, its taking time. Anywhere from 2-4 weeks from the date Passport was delivered to Ottawa.
Sad but true.
Hope we all get our Passport soon.
Do update your timeline please.
Thank you

Asher89

Sep 9, 2014
I got passport request on Nov 2.. Still waiting to receive it. My flight is on dec 15. left like 45 days. still unsure that i need to cancel ticket.

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Contact IRCC thru webmail form, NOT EMAIL. Prepare a letter on word document, explaining them its way over processing time and that you have a confirmed reservation, canceling which will cost penalization from airline thereby loss of money, attach a copy of airline ticket as well.
I did the same 3 days ago and today I got an email stating they will process my application as early as possible.

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Contact IRCC thru webmail form, NOT EMAIL. Prepare a letter on word document, explaining them its way over processing time and that you have a confirmed reservation, canceling which will cost penalization from airline thereby loss of money, attach a copy of airline ticket as well.
I did the same 3 days ago and today I got an email stating they will process my application as early as possible.
Hi! Is it possible to do that even if I don't have an emergency? I have a flight on the 20th and I'm freaking out now.

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
No unfortunately you cannot. On cic website, there is strict guidelines as to who qualifies for Urgent Processing few of them are Medical reason, Death etc.

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
What surprises me is, their website is not updated from weeks on application processing time.

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
What surprises me is, their website is not updated from weeks on application processing time.
Yeah! They usually update it every Friday. It's weird that they haven't updated it yet.