+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application INSIDE Canada: Waiting for the return tracker to be activated

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
I got a passport submission request on 10th September and hence I sent on that day itself. It arrived at Ottawa CPC on 14th September. To my surprise, my application got final approval and a visa sticker number was produced on GC Key on 16th September. Just two days. However, my return tracker has still not been activated meaning Ottawa CPC has not sent the item to the postal service. How long does it take them to post the item? I feel like they have lost the passport. I want to travel back home at the earliest and I need my passport

missil3

Sep 21, 2020
In a similar situation. Surprised that they haven't shipped your passport yet. Was hoping to fly out on Saturday. My passport reached CPC on 17th.

Please keep us updated on when you receive it.

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
In a similar situation. Surprised that they haven't shipped your passport yet. Was hoping to fly out on Saturday. My passport reached CPC on 17th.

Please keep us updated on when you receive it.
I called the IRCC number today. They said that there are many people in my situation. Did the GC key get updated for you? Does it say "approved" and does it say your visa sticker/counterfoil number?

missil3

Sep 21, 2020
I called the IRCC number today. They said that there are many people in my situation. Did the GC key get updated for you? Does it say "approved" and does it say your visa sticker/counterfoil number?
Yes I called yesterday and was told it was approved on Monday. Did you get any further updates ?

The lawyers filed this so I don't have online access to the application.

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Yes I called yesterday and was told it was approved on Monday. Did you get any further updates ?

The lawyers filed this so I don't have online access to the application.
Yes!
Submission of Application: 12 August
Passport Submission Request: 10 Sep (sent same day)
Mail Deliveried to Ottawa CPC: 14 September
Approval Notation on Application: 16 Sept
Return Tracker Activated: 22 Sep
Got back Passport in hand: ?
I called IRCC again yesterday and they told me right there that the office mailed my passport. Few hours after this tracker was activated. Today 23 Sep tracker says that it is in Vancouver City. Will likely get it tomorrow! (though it's raining cats and dogs here now maybe the day after)

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Yes!
Submission of Application: 12 August
Passport Submission Request: 10 Sep (sent same day)
Mail Deliveried to Ottawa CPC: 14 September
Approval Notation on Application: 16 Sept
Return Tracker Activated: 22 Sep
Got back Passport in hand: ?
I called IRCC again yesterday and they told me right there that the office mailed my passport. Few hours after this tracker was activated. Today 23 Sep tracker says that it is in Vancouver City. Will likely get it tomorrow! (though it's raining cats and dogs here now maybe the day after)
Got Passport 24 September.

Btw IRCC told me they mailed the passport on Friday 18 September. It came to my attention that on Monday 21 September there was a postal service disruption which explains why the tracker took so long to update. I can finally travel yayy.

missil3

Sep 21, 2020
Got Passport 24 September.

Btw IRCC told me they mailed the passport on Friday 18 September. It came to my attention that on Monday 21 September there was a postal service disruption which explains why the tracker took so long to update. I can finally travel yayy.
Thanks for the updates. I did receive my passport as well on 26th September!! Had done the express post so it received the next day after it was shipped :)