+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application in Canada 2 months ago - Passport lost?

mingyugong

Jan 10, 2014
Hi everyone,

My gf is holding an open work permit valid until 2016. She sent the renewal TRV multiple-entry application to CPP-Ottawa office together with her Chinese passport two months ago. CPP-Ottawa office received that application package on Nov 14, 2013 but she has not got her passport back yet. The CIC website has shown that they have already processed the application to Dec 04, 2013 so they must have reviewed my gf’s application package. Any Risk her passport just got lost?

We forgot to include the pre-paid envelope but the passport should have come back to us (in Toronto) via regular mail regardless of whether they approved the TRV. She has an flights back to China booked for end of January 2014 booked but not sure if she can get her passport back.

Anyone have the similar experience recently? She is so unfortunate of losing her passport?
Anyone can help us what to do now?
The passport got to be at somewhere in Ottawa, Toronto or somewhere in between…
Thank you so much!

ferds

Aug 26, 2013
mingyugong said:
Hi everyone,

My gf is holding an open work permit valid until 2016. She sent the renewal TRV multiple-entry application to CPP-Ottawa office together with her Chinese passport two months ago. CPP-Ottawa office received that application package on Nov 14, 2013 but she has not got her passport back yet. The CIC website has shown that they have already processed the application to Dec 04, 2013 so they must have reviewed my gf's application package. Any Risk her passport just got lost?

We forgot to include the pre-paid envelope but the passport should have come back to us (in Toronto) via regular mail regardless of whether they approved the TRV. She has an flights back to China booked for end of January 2014 booked but not sure if she can get her passport back.

Anyone have the similar experience recently? She is so unfortunate of losing her passport?
Anyone can help us what to do now?
The passport got to be at somewhere in Ottawa, Toronto or somewhere in between...
Thank you so much!
hello..my girlfriend submitted her passport last nov 6, 2013 for TRV..and exactly 8 weeks , Jan 5..,she received her passport back from Ottawa..she missed her flight last dec 16,2013..and just re- booked her flight next month..this is so awful but don't worry,your gf will get her passport back,even she did not include the expresspost envelope..good luck..