+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application in Buffalo

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
ragluf said:
So did you get your visa? Or did your tracking changed to reflect that it is enroute back to you?

Hi ragluf,, my return envelop is already in missisauga. It was sent back to me may 11.. Still waiting....

princess28

Apr 20, 2012
Hello there,
Need your help. I already received my owp last december with pending pr application and would like to renew/extend my temporary resident visa because my visa will expire in July 2012 and i'm already planning my vacation in the Philippines in August 2012.

I'm here in Vancouver and would want to send it to Buffalo because some people told me processing time in Buffalo is faster than Seattle.

Do you guys know the exact address where i can send it because i don't know if i should send it to fort erie or buffalo address? Kindly please type the complete address. really appreciate it :)

Should i use canada post or fedex?

Do i also have to send my passport?

Do i need to provide proof of financial support. I'm quite not sure if i have to because it's included in the document checklist. what kind of documents should i provide?

How long it usually takes to receive the visa? Is there possibility I'll get denied?

thank you so much. really appreciate your help :)

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
dna said:
Question 1:
choose "Other"
details: Continue working as a live in caregiver

Question 2:
I put the date from when I was going to send the application to the date when my work permit expires. Did your visa expire in August 2011 or August 2012? My visa and work permit expired last February, then I extended my work permit first and recently I applied for the TRV and it was approved.

Question 3:
I put the amount of money in my last bank statement. I include a copy of it in my application.

The person you are going to visit: type the name of your employer
Relationship to you: Employer
Address: the address of the family you work for/live with

thank you so much dna :)

my visa is expiring this coming august 2012..

i don't have any idea on how much bank money do i need to have,,would you mind if you tell me how much money you have when you applied?

thank you :)

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
akina green said:
thank you so much dna :) your're welcome. I've got some help from this forum as well when applying for my TRV. And it's nice to be able to help others
my visa is expiring this coming august 2012.. Do you still have a valid work permit after your visa expires?

i don't have any idea on how much bank money do i need to have,,would you mind if you tell me how much money you have when you applied? Just put the amount in your account. And I also included a letter from my employer stating that I am currently working for them. So the visa officer knows that I am working and have monthly salary. If you are planning to go for a vacation to your home country and go back to work for your employer, then mention it (the dates) in the letter. That's what my employer did.
thank you :)

princess28

Apr 20, 2012
Hello there,
Need your help. I already received my owp last december with pending pr application and would like to renew/extend my temporary resident visa because my visa will expire in July 2012 and i'm already planning my vacation in the Philippines in August 2012.

I'm here in Vancouver and would want to send it to Buffalo because some people told me processing time in Buffalo is faster than Seattle.

Do you guys know the exact address where i can send it because i don't know if i should send it to fort erie or buffalo address? Kindly please type the complete address. really appreciate it

Do i need to provide proof of financial support. I'm quite not sure if i have to because it's included in the document checklist. what kind of documents should i provide?

How long it usually takes to receive the visa? Is there possibility I'll get denied?

thank you so much. really appreciate your help

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
princess28 said:
Hello there,

Do you guys know the exact address where i can send it because i don't know if i should send it to fort erie or buffalo address? Kindly please type the complete address. really appreciate it

thank you so much. really appreciate your help

If your mailing address is in Canada:

Taking advantage of our proximity to the Canadian border, we have made arrangements to have your mail collected in Canada. Your documents will be mailed back to you from Canada.
The Post Office in Fort Erie will not accept commercial courier deliveries (courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address).
If you wish for us to return your documents to you, please purchase two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
If you wish for us to return your documents to you, please purchase two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost - National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. This second envelope we will use for when we need to mail you. Add the documents you wish to send to us.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the Fort Erie Post Office box address (below) in the "Return Address" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
If you chose to not provide us with a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).
If you have already provided us with a return envelope do not send us a 2nd envelope if you mail us more documents later.

Send your mail to:

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario
L2A 6R6

I live in BC and last month I just applied for TRV. I mailed my application to the address in Fort Erie using Xpresspost and included the return Xpresspost envelope. I got my passport with visa stamped in it within 3 weeks.

Yes, you have to send your original passport.
As proof of financial, I included a copy of my bank statement and a letter from my employer.

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
thanks again dna :)

i still have a valid work permit until nov. 2012..i already applied for an open work permit and still waiting up to now..

my plan was to submit my TRV application once i have my OWP..so i am not sure if i'm still working as a caregiver that time,that's why i want to know the bank money i needed..

thank you so much for all your help :)

angel01

May 15, 2012
hi guys, how come the form for TRV IMM 5257 says (application for TRV made outside of canada)? what does it mean? can i use this form even im already in canada and just renewing my TRV? im just confused. hope for your immediate reply. thank you

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
angel01 said:
hi guys, how come the form for TRV IMM 5257 says (application for TRV made outside of canada)? what does it mean? can i use this form even im already in canada and just renewing my TRV? im just confused. hope for your immediate reply. thank you
Hi, angel01! yes, you should use this form.

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014 AINP ; 07-11-2014 PR application submitted to CIO,sydney
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015, ecas upadated rcvd 2nd week of may, ecas upadted july 24: in process july 22
LANDED..........
already in canada
Hi there,

I'm a temporary worker with valid new work permit but my TRV was expired last Feb 2012. and now I'm going to apply TRV in Fort Erie, Ontario.Would you tell me what are the specific documents, the checklist etc. to be submitted to them?
Please guide and assist me,Im confused i want to make sure...

1. what checklist do i have to use? the IMM 5484E (which is 1 page only with required documents for supervisa)or the checklist for TRV (which is 3 pages with the last page stated If you are in Canada with a work permit and applying for TRV to travel abroad??.

2. After completed the IMM 5257 form, where to place the barcode? Is it in front of the checklist or in front of the IMM 5257 form?

3. I have to fill up the Family information form IMM 5645? Complete this form ONLY if required, but how will you know if this is required by visa office?

4. Fee- any banks in Canada like ATB bank is okay?? and is payable to Receiver General for Canada

5. 2 photos - staple in front of IMM 5257 form?

6. Do we need Proof of suffiecient funds, if so, a bank statement should have stamp? or can we print it though on-line banking as a copy?

7. Do i have also to submit a letter from employer that that i am going for vacation?

8. How long it takes to process?

Please I need your help.

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
jhyngx said:
Hi there,

I'm a temporary worker with valid new work permit but my TRV was expired last Feb 2012. and now I'm going to apply TRV in Fort Erie, Ontario.Would you tell me what are the specific documents, the checklist etc. to be submitted to them?
Please guide and assist me,Im confused i want to make sure...

1. what checklist do i have to use? the IMM 5484E (which is 1 page only with required documents for supervisa)or the checklist for TRV (which is 3 pages with the last page stated If you are in Canada with a work permit and applying for TRV to travel abroad??.

Use IMM5484E.

2. After completed the IMM 5257 form, where to place the barcode? Is it in front of the checklist or in front of the IMM
5257 form?

I placed the barcode page in front of the IMM 5257 form.

3. I have to fill up the Family information form IMM 5645? Complete this form ONLY if required, but how will you know if this is required by visa office?

You need to fill up the family information form. But you don't have to fill out the Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made outside Canada. If any of your answers to Questions 3 - 7 in Background Information in the IMM 5257 is Yes, then you have to fill out Schedule 1. If all of your answers is No, then you don't need to.

4. Fee- any banks in Canada like ATB bank is okay?? and is payable to Receiver General for Canada
I made a money order at the credit union where I have my account in Canada

5. 2 photos - staple in front of IMM 5257 form?
I didn't stapele the photos. I just put the photos along with the application with the paper clip. I placed all the documents according to order in the document checklist and place the document checklist in the front

6. Do we need Proof of suffiecient funds, if so, a bank statement should have stamp? or can we print it though on-line banking as a copy?
I submit a copy of the bank statement the bank mails to me every month

7. Do i have also to submit a letter from employer that that i am going for vacation?
I included a letter from my employer stating that I am working for them and I will be .back working for them after my vacation.

8. How long it takes to process?

It took 3 weeks for me to get my passport back with visa stamped in it. I live in BC ssso it took a while for delivery. If you are in Ontario, ythe delivery probably won't take a while

Please I need your help.
My answers are in the quote above.

jhyngx

Star Member
May 18, 2012
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014 AINP ; 07-11-2014 PR application submitted to CIO,sydney
Doc's Request.
19-10-2014 AINP
Nomination.....
19-10-2014 AINP
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 cic
IELTS Request
added to application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015, ecas upadated rcvd 2nd week of may, ecas upadted july 24: in process july 22
LANDED..........
already in canada
Thank you so much dna!!

I really appreciate!!

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
ragluf said:
Hi killjoy06,

Apologize for the delayed reply - I am actually back in the PH so I was not checking the updates regularly.

I called my bank April 5th actually - after I read in one of the threads here how to check if the BD has been encashed.

If you sent your application to the post office in Fort Erie - give it a day as this is not the date the VO received the application - this is the date the PO received the application. Give a day for the transfer to the VO.

I would suggest give it another week - you still have your vacation in June - still plenty of time as it is the 2nd

Good luck, and hope this helps....

Hi ragluf! I already have my visa. =) 19 days processing...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excellent killjoy06! Congratulations!

So Buffalo VO still holds true to within 3 weeks processing....