+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application from USA Sending to Ottawa Question - Send passport together or separately?

itsmebharat

Oct 18, 2018
I have submitted an application for TRV from USA. Applied for me and my wife as a family member (under the same GC key account). I have got 2 letters to send passports (one for her and other for me). I am planning to send to CPC Ontario directly as per instructions. Can i send them in one envelope with one return label or i need 2 of those (one for her and other for me).

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted an application for TRV from USA. Applied for me and my wife as a family member (under the same GC key account). I have got 2 letters to send passports (one for her and other for me). I am planning to send to CPC Ontario directly as per instructions. Can i send them in one envelope with one return label or i need 2 of those (one for her and other for me).
Why are you sending your passports to CPC Ontario?
To answer your question yes you can send both passports in one envelope with one return envelope.

itsmebharat

Oct 18, 2018
Why are you sending your passports to CPC Ontario?
To answer your question yes you can send both passports in one envelope with one return envelope.
I heard the VAC in LA/NYC are taking longer. I have an international trip planned in 5 weeks from today and I am worried if I can get my passport back on time. Any ways for me to ask IRCC to extend the 30 day deadline?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard the VAC in LA/NYC are taking longer. I have an international trip planned in 5 weeks from today and I am worried if I can get my passport back on time. Any ways for me to ask IRCC to extend the 30 day deadline?
CPC Ontario is not an option.
CPC Ottawa is.
Btw NY VAC and LA VAC are closing Nov 1. Your best bet for now is CPC Ottawa.
I don't think you can for an extension.

itsmebharat

Oct 18, 2018
CPC Ontario is not an option.
CPC Ottawa is.
Btw NY VAC and LA VAC are closing Nov 1. Your best bet for now is CPC Ottawa.
I don't think you can for an extension.

Thanks. I am considering to jusr withdraw the current application and do a new one once I am back in the US in December. Can i do that? Is it advisable? Whats the process?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks. I am considering to jusr withdraw the current application and do a new one once I am back in the US in December. Can i do that? Is it advisable? Whats the process?
You have 5 weeks before your trip. Ample time to send your passport and get it back from Ottawa. Normally it takes 10-14 days to get it back.
If you decide to withdraw your application, next time you apply you need to submit all new documents all over again.

itsmebharat

Oct 18, 2018
You have 5 weeks before your trip. Ample time to send your passport and get it back from Ottawa. Normally it takes 10-14 days to get it back.
If you decide to withdraw your application, next time you apply you need to submit all new documents all over again.
I am ok with submitting documents again. Whats the process of withdrawing?
Also, if i send to LA vac, do they send over the passport to canada to stamp or its done at the embassy in US?

Last edited: