+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application from outside Canada for a dependent child of PR Parents

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hello everyone,

Has anyone recently or in the past few months submitted TRV Application online for a dependent child who was born outside Canada but is a child of PR Parents ?

I am looking what are timelines ? How long does it take for the first reply of IRCC ?

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Timelines for TRV vary based on where you are applying for, from inside Canada it is around 40 days.
I applied 3 months back and it is OUTSIDE CANADA but it is a Temporary Resident Visa of a child of parents having PR Status.
The application turned to in process the next day I submitted it but its the same status since then..processing times it shows on IRCC Website is approx 6 months..I also raised a web form but no reply yet..Any advise ?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
I applied 3 months back and it is OUTSIDE CANADA but it is a Temporary Resident Visa of a child of parents having PR Status.
The application turned to in process the next day I submitted it but its the same status since then..processing times it shows on IRCC Website is approx 6 months..I also raised a web form but no reply yet..Any advise ?
I don't think a webform can speed up the process

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
There is no answer to this question. They are not prioritizing TRVs from outside Canada presently. This is not the best time to apply for TRVs. Try to get an update from them or via GCMS, you'll at least know where you stand.
Thank you for your reply.

AhmedAtalla

Aug 15, 2016
I'm in same situation, applied for my daughter with a lawyer last August and still waiting. Their reply to the inquiries submitted was not useful.

sacssuresh

Feb 11, 2021
Applied on Jan mid for Spouse open work permit from India along with children TRV.
Spouse visa got approved but children visa has no updates and showing medicals in progress.
I cant understand the process honestly, they have approved only my spouse's visa and put it on hold for my children.

On top of it, I have applied for TRV inside Canada and it's also on hold since December.

Now, no one can travel!!!

I.H

Jul 19, 2022
Dear @rower would you mind helping me?
I have 3 kids under 14 , should i apply 3 seprate applications ? As i sent photos, copies of passport and birth certificates before isn't it enough to send TRV form imm5257e?
If not after applying new application what should i send through my Gckey as additional documents?
Actually i was asked for ADR and i sent them but they asked it again and only they wrote a note only next to schedule A as (bearing original signature) so someone said it means other documents you have sent were OK including TR application (I sent only TRV form)
Should i attach a letter to explain i didn't get really what should i send and how should i do it?