+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application for visitor Spouse & kids from Inside Canada

Sunrise-22

Nov 1, 2021
Hi, My wife and two minor children are presently residing in Canada with me(I am a PR holder). My wife and children’s status is visitors. Wife and children's application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident is recently approved. Wife and my children have submitted an application for PR under Family Class and the application is under review, likely to have final decision in July 2022. Now my wife and children want to go to India for a few weeks and would like to come back to Canada and stay with me as visitors until outcome of our sponsorship PR application is determined. My wife's and children's temporary resident visa (TRV) has expired and we would like to apply for TRV while they are inside Canada to avoid long waiting time for TRV(application from outside of Canada) while in India. Could anyone let me know if we can apply for TRV while inside Canada?

If yes, please clarify following questions: 1) how we can apply for TRV while inside Canada and what checklist and form will be applicable? 2) I search on CIC website, however, could not find any option for visitors to apply online for a TRV while inside Canada. Can we apply online and how? or it is only via mail?

If we cannot apply for TRV while inside Canada. Do they need to apply for TRV while in India using the IRCC Portal account? I guess this will be a complete new Visa application?

Thanks for your help!

haplo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi, My wife and two minor children are presently residing in Canada with me(I am a PR holder). My wife and children’s status is visitors. Wife and children's application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident is recently approved. Wife and my children have submitted an application for PR under Family Class and the application is under review, likely to have final decision in July 2022. Now my wife and children want to go to India for a few weeks and would like to come back to Canada and stay with me as visitors until outcome of our sponsorship PR application is determined. My wife's and children's temporary resident visa (TRV) has expired and we would like to apply for TRV while they are inside Canada to avoid long waiting time for TRV(application from outside of Canada) while in India. Could anyone let me know if we can apply for TRV while inside Canada?

If yes, please clarify following questions: 1) how we can apply for TRV while inside Canada and what checklist and form will be applicable? 2) I search on CIC website, however, could not find any option for visitors to apply online for a TRV while inside Canada. Can we apply online and how? or it is only via mail?

If we cannot apply for TRV while inside Canada. Do they need to apply for TRV while in India using the IRCC Portal account? I guess this will be a complete new Visa application?

Thanks for your help!
Hi there,
Did you find answers to your questions? (I'm not pr but under process for 8 months)
I have a similar problem. my spouses trv will expire in May.
we want to apply before we leave Canada in order to avoid stuck in our home country during summer vacation.

After putting his data on Come to Canada eligibility tool, it only show Visitor record extension which is easy and it is not a problem .