+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application for a minor

ewo

Mar 13, 2012
Hello,

Trying to apply for a TRV for my little brother (15 years old) but when I try to make a CIC account it says he has to be 16 or older? I tried to look for more information and there are some old bulletins that said that he will need to have our mother apply for him as well on her application (but she already has her visa). Does this mean I need to send in a physical application now? Or is there a way for him to have my mother apply online on his behalf?

dominik-bcpnp

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2015/received by CPC on the 10th
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 26th of May 2015, DM on 24th of June 2015
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
I have the same problem. I am intending to invite my niece (15), for Christmas. Had a long conversation with a CIC call centre agent about the situation. She told me the following things, that answer your questions:

-the parent or legal guardian needs to apply on behalf of the minor. In my case, non of my nieces parents is applying for a visa. But they are still able to open a MyCIC account and apply on behalf of a family member. Therefore I guess, your mother can do it, regardless of her visa status. She's still got her account and can launch an application at any point in time.

-the answer above actually explains that point. But to clarify 100%: Yes, your mom can apply online for your brothers visa.

The fact, that your mom is traveling to Canada on an approved (obviously) visa, should make it easy for you brother, to apply for a visa to accompany her.