+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV 1st attempt refused.want to apply again. PLS HELP ME IMPROVE MY APPLICATION.

lzg

Mar 15, 2012
Hi Good day! I'm a female,22 years old, single. I applied for a tourist visa last february 29, 2012 and I got denied.
It says in the letter that I was not able to satisfy the VO that i meet the requirements of regulation 179. that I would leave Canada at the end of the temporary period if I were authorized to enter. In reaching this decision the VO cinsidered several factors which included one or more of the following:
your travel history ( I have no travel history)
your immigration status (I'm a filipino citizen)
your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence (My sister is a canadian citizen. My aunt and her family lived in canada as well)
length of proposed stay in canada ( i indicated one month)
purpose of visit (to stand as Maid of honor in my sister's wedding)
limited employment prospects in your country of residence ( I am a nursing graduate, currently unemployed)
your current employment situation (currently unemployed)
your personal assets and financial status (I do not have assets under my name for I am still dependent to my parents. I have a bank account having $1000) however I submitted a notarized invitation from my aunt stating that she would be the one to shoulder all my expenses (foods, shelter, travel,etc)

The things I have submitted to canadian embassy manila;
The application form (5 pages plus the checklist)
passport
3 passport sized picture
notarized invitation letter (stating that she would be the one to shoulder all my expenses (foods, shelter, travel,etc)
my aunt, uncle and sister's T4
my aunt,uncle and sister's employment record
my aunt and my sister's certificate of citizenship
my aunt and my uncle's bank statement
a copy of my sister's passport
my aunt,sister and uncle's last two pay stub
my bank certificate (having $1000 CAD)

I got denied when i submitted them. now I am planning to re-apply again. I would like to hear from you my chance of being granted this time. for I am trying to addressed the reasons stated why i was refused.
btw, I applied together with my parents. my mom and dad were successful in their applications.

will these changes be enough for them to grant me a visa?i am trying my best to address them.

>your travel history ( I have no travel history)
>your immigration status (I'm a filipino citizen)
>your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence (My sister is a canadian citizen. My aunt and her family lived in canada as well)
>length of proposed stay in canada ( i indicated one month) *i STATED SEPT-OCT 2012)
>purpose of visit (to stand as Maid of honor in my sister's wedding)
>limited employment prospects in your country of residence ( I am a nursing graduate, currently unemployed)
>your current employment situation (currently unemployed) * WHAT IF I WILL SHOW THEM A REGISTRATION FORM FROM A SCHOOL? THAT I AM ENROLLED FOR THE COMING SEMESTER WILL THAT BE HELPFUL??? TO SUPPORT ME THAT I HAVE PLANS OF GOING BACK HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES
>your personal assets and financial status (I do not have assets under my name for I am still dependent to my parents. I have a bank account having $1000) however I submitted a notarized invitation from my aunt stating that she would be the one to shoulder all my expenses (foods, shelter, travel,etc) * I AM PLANNING to RAISE MY SAVINGS TO $2500 CAD will this be helpful?

*plus I am planning to include an invitation to my sister's wedding * will this be helpful?
* i am planning to send a personal letter to the visa officer will this be helpful?

btw, I really have no plans of not coming back to the Philippines. I will travel together with my parents and I have plans of coming back with them.
I have 2 brothers who will be left here.

I want to know my chance this time. I just dont want to miss this once in a lifetime event in my sister's life. plus considering that we were not able to see eachother for years.

ALso,what would be its effect in my future application if I would be denied again?

I WOULD REALLY APPRRECIATE YOUR INSIGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: TRV 1st attempt refused.want to apply again. I NEED YOUR HELP from phil

Unfortunately I think your chance of being approved are probably on the low side given the information you've provided - but you can certainly try again.

For ties to Canada, it actually works against you that you have a Canadian citizen sister and an aunt here as well. This increases CIC's suspicions that you want to come here to stay. In your new application, you want to emphasize your ties to your home country not your ties to Canada (although you have to mention your family here).

Can you show any other ties to your home country? Property ownership? School enrollment? Business ownership? Rental agreements? Personal bank accounts?

Yes - include the invitation for your sister's wedding. Not sure if this will help. But it's certainly worth a try.

Good luck.

lzg

Mar 15, 2012

Can you give me examples on how can i prove my ties to canada? I guess you have a point that having a canadian citizen sister works against me but how can i prove that its really not my intention to over stay there or not to come back in my country of residence. because I have to come back here in the phil because im the one who take good care of our parents. I have two brothers but they already have partners (but their status are single for they are not yet married)

Yes, in my next application I would like to emphasize my ties in my country (phil) because I thought that would address my problem (bec I am unemployed)

I do not have a property under my name bec im only 22 y/o and iam still depending on my parents. but my mom has a land title under her name can i used that as a proof??? school enrollment = Yes, I am planning to enroll for the upcoming semester to have my second course. do you think that would give me help?to send them my register form?.. yes i have a bank account the last time i submit my application form it has $1000, this time I will make it $2500 CAD. do you think that will be suffice?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The best way to prove that you do not intent to stay in Canada permanently is by showing strong ties to your home country.

I would not include the land title under your mother's name. This would only be helpful if it was under your name.

If you have already enrolled in school and payed for your classes, definitely include this information as proof. If you only plan to enrol (but haven't actually signed up or paid the fees), I'm not sure CIC will really see this as proof.

Yes - include the bank account statement with $2500 CAD.

lzg

Mar 15, 2012

Okay. thank you for your advice.. I hope I could make it. I'll keep you posted. :)

btw, will it affect my future application? If ever that I would be denied again??? (being denied twice for example)

TO ALL,I'll be happy to hear ur comments/suggestions/insights.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: TRV 1st attempt refused.want to apply again. SHARE UR IDEAS AND OPINIONS TY!

lzg said:
Hi Good day! I'm a female,22 years old, single. I applied for a tourist visa last february 29, 2012 and I got denied.
It says in the letter that I was not able to satisfy the VO that i meet the requirements of regulation 179. that I would leave Canada at the end of the temporary period if I were authorized to enter. In reaching this decision the VO cinsidered several factors which included one or more of the following:
your travel history ( I have no travel history)
your immigration status (I'm a filipino citizen)
your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence (My sister is a canadian citizen. My aunt and her family lived in canada as well)
length of proposed stay in canada ( i indicated one month)
purpose of visit (to stand as Maid of honor in my sister's wedding)
limited employment prospects in your country of residence ( I am a nursing graduate, currently unemployed)
your current employment situation (currently unemployed)
your personal assets and financial status (I do not have assets under my name for I am still dependent to my parents. I have a bank account having $1000) however I submitted a notarized invitation from my aunt stating that she would be the one to shoulder all my expenses (foods, shelter, travel,etc)

The things I have submitted to canadian embassy manila;
The application form (5 pages plus the checklist)
passport
3 passport sized picture
notarized invitation letter (stating that she would be the one to shoulder all my expenses (foods, shelter, travel,etc)
my aunt, uncle and sister's T4
my aunt,uncle and sister's employment record
my aunt and my sister's certificate of citizenship
my aunt and my uncle's bank statement
a copy of my sister's passport
my aunt,sister and uncle's last two pay stub
my bank certificate (having $1000 CAD)

I got denied when i submitted them. now I am planning to re-apply again. I would like to hear from you my chance of being granted this time. for I am trying to addressed the reasons stated why i was refused.
btw, I applied together with my parents. my mom and dad were successful in their applications.

will these changes be enough for them to grant me a visa?i am trying my best to address them.

>your travel history ( I have no travel history)
>your immigration status (I'm a filipino citizen)
>your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence (My sister is a canadian citizen. My aunt and her family lived in canada as well)
>length of proposed stay in canada ( i indicated one month) *i STATED SEPT-OCT 2012)
>purpose of visit (to stand as Maid of honor in my sister's wedding)
>limited employment prospects in your country of residence ( I am a nursing graduate, currently unemployed)
>your current employment situation (currently unemployed) * WHAT IF I WILL SHOW THEM A REGISTRATION FORM FROM A SCHOOL? THAT I AM ENROLLED FOR THE COMING SEMESTER WILL THAT BE HELPFUL??? TO SUPPORT ME THAT I HAVE PLANS OF GOING BACK HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES
>your personal assets and financial status (I do not have assets under my name for I am still dependent to my parents. I have a bank account having $1000) however I submitted a notarized invitation from my aunt stating that she would be the one to shoulder all my expenses (foods, shelter, travel,etc) * I AM PLANNING to RAISE MY SAVINGS TO $2500 CAD will this be helpful?

*plus I am planning to include an invitation to my sister's wedding * will this be helpful?
* i am planning to send a personal letter to the visa officer will this be helpful?

btw, I really have no plans of not coming back to the Philippines. I will travel together with my parents and I have plans of coming back with them.
I have 2 brothers who will be left here.

I want to know my chance this time. I just dont want to miss this once in a lifetime event in my sister's life. plus considering that we were not able to see eachother for years.

ALso,what would be its effect in my future application if I would be denied again?

I WOULD REALLY APPRRECIATE YOUR INSIGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS
just wanna ask where did u apply your TRV? and when did u received? how many days?

lzg

Mar 15, 2012
Re: TRV 1st attempt refused.want to apply again. SHARE UR IDEAS AND OPINIONS TY!

I applied last february 29,2012 and I got their reply last march 10, 2012.
btw, i sent my application to CANADIAN EMBASSY - MANILA.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

lzg said:
I applied last february 29,2012 and I got their reply last march 10, 2012.
btw, i sent my application to CANADIAN EMBASSY - MANILA.
My suggestion is try to get a full time job, the you can prove them your ties in the philippines and they will think that your coming back for sure..One thing that made them realized bec your unemployed...save more money, or borrow maybe, put it in to your account, the more the better, make it to $5000-$7000, that will help for sure..you have to show them or prove them that you have lots of things to do in philippines and you're really coming back..hope it will help...

Yfruz

May 31, 2017
Hi! How was your application? Inhave similar problem as of now..what did u do?
Thanks po

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! How was your application? Inhave similar problem as of now..what did u do?
Thanks po
You're posting to a thread that's five years old.