+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

trust fund for proof of funds?

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Hi all!

I have been nominated by alberta and am currently completing documents for my online application. Unfortunately, I am still short for proof of funds. My aunt (in Manitoba) had previously opened a trust account for my uncle when he was short of funds and he was able to submit this account. However, that was a long time ago and it is not explicitly stated in the cic website if trust funds opened for you are acceptable for POF? Would it look like I'm being lent money by my relatives to visa officers? I have the equivalent of about 4000 CA dollars in my account. Sorry if this has been asked before and thank you for any information you can give.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is a big shortfall. Your proof of funds need to in your bank longterm. In a trust fund account it is usually under the control of the person who set it up so you wouldn’t have access to the liquid funds yourself. If your aunt want to give you the funds that would be different. There are gift deed forms.

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Are you apply inland?

Do you have job offer?

If you have job offer, I think it maybe ok. I put mine (Manitoba) bout >5k, plus job offer. 3 to 6 months Bank statement as proof.

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
Are you apply inland?

Do you have job offer?

If you have job offer, I think it maybe ok. I put mine (Manitoba) bout >5k, plus job offer. 3 to 6 months Bank statement as proof.
no, i'm applying from abroad, and i do not have a job offer. thanks for you reply.

eris

Jun 29, 2019
Philippines
That is a big shortfall. Your proof of funds need to in your bank longterm. In a trust fund account it is usually under the control of the person who set it up so you wouldn’t have access to the liquid funds yourself. If your aunt want to give you the funds that would be different. There are gift deed forms.
Thanks for the info

sasha_f

Jul 13, 2022
Hi all!

I have been nominated by alberta and am currently completing documents for my online application. Unfortunately, I am still short for proof of funds. My aunt (in Manitoba) had previously opened a trust account for my uncle when he was short of funds and he was able to submit this account. However, that was a long time ago and it is not explicitly stated in the cic website if trust funds opened for you are acceptable for POF? Would it look like I'm being lent money by my relatives to visa officers? I have the equivalent of about 4000 CA dollars in my account. Sorry if this has been asked before and thank you for any information you can give.
Hi @eris, this is an old thread so hope you are still listening. Can you share details about how your aunt set up a trust account for your uncle to show proof of funds? I'd like to do the same for my sister: arrange a gift deed and then transfer money into a trust account that she can access if she is granted a PR and arrives to Canada. I am Canadian, so I'd like to open that account here in Canada. Unfortunately I cannot transfer these money to her foreign account, because her country imposes all kinds of restrictions.