Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I have recently refused visitor visa for my daughter on the ground that officer was not satisfied about returning from canada as her family ties there(both father and mother are PR holder.)
Now I want to apply for TRP for. her to visit us in Canada. Could you suggest how can I apply for TRP? There is no online system for TRP. How should I proceed? Hoping for a kind suggestion.
Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This isn't really what a TRP is for. You'd need a very compelling reason that she must travel to Canada to get a TRP. A refusal of a TRV isn't a compelling reason.

Reactions: runway08

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello
I have recently refused visitor visa for my daughter on the ground that officer was not satisfied about returning from canada as her family ties there(both father and mother are PR holder.)
Now I want to apply for TRP for. her to visit us in Canada. Could you suggest how can I apply for TRP? There is no online system for TRP. How should I proceed? Hoping for a kind suggestion.
Thanks
You apply for a TRV and include a request a TRP.

Reactions: runway08

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This isn't really what a TRP is for. You'd need a very compelling reason that she must travel to Canada to get a TRP. A refusal of a TRV isn't a compelling reason.
Being refused a TRV as the child of PRs is actually quite a common reason to apply for a TRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla and runway08

runway08

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys for commenting here. My daughter was born in Bangladesh. She is 14 months old and we( me,my wife and older daughter- all hv PR) are staying out of Canada for roughly 3 yrs.
Now after after refusal for TRV for younger one, I want to apply for TRP. What will be compelling reason for her to travel to Canada.?

runway08

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You apply for a TRV and include a request a TRP.
Thank you for reply.
In this case how much I have to pay for visa fee. TRP fee is 200. Whereas,TRV 100.
What option should I select for duration of stay? And purpose of visit?(I am talking about online visa application which is fast to get a response.)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would be better if one parent returns to Canada to show that you really intend to return to Canada after almost not meeting your RO. Also starts sponsorship. You can certainly apply for TRP but you need to be cognizant of your RO as well. At least for one parent.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for reply.
In this case how much I have to pay for visa fee. TRP fee is 200. Whereas,TRV 100.
What option should I select for duration of stay? And purpose of visit?(I am talking about online visa application which is fast to get a response.)
Looks like to pay 300 for both TRV and TRP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for reply.
$200.

If you don't know why you want your child to come to Canada or for how long, there is no point in applying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would respecfully disagree. This is actually the recommended course of action in these situations and TRP applications are very common for this reason. If the TRV is refused, parents should apply for a TRP next. If that is also refused, then one of the parents will have to move to Canada ahead of the rest of the family to submit the PR application.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I would respecfully disagree. This is actually the recommended course of action in these situations and TRP applications are very common for this reason. If the TRV is refused, parents should apply for a TRP next. If that is also refused, then one of the parents will have to move to Canada ahead of the rest of the family to submit the PR application.
Standing corrected. Thanks for the info.

runway08

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would be better if one parent returns to Canada to show that you really intend to return to Canada after almost not meeting your RO. Also starts sponsorship. You can certainly apply for TRP but you need to be cognizant of your RO as well. At least for one parent.
Yes this the point I am thinking of.

runway08

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like to pay 300 for both TRV and TRP.
I was only thinking about 200 but yes probably it will be 200+100= 300. And already payed for TRV once.

runway08

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$200.

If you don't know why you want your child to come to Canada or for how long, there is no point in applying.
Sir I know what I want but thre are only selective 4-5 options to select. ( visit<6 months, Visit >6 months, Transit, Permanently moving etc. and purpose : to visit family, work, job, medical etc)

runway08

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This was the letter of cause of refusal of TRV:

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.