+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRP - no maintained status?

DUIInsideCanada

Oct 21, 2017
I have a multi-entry TRP due to DUI making me inadmissible. Its still valid.

I know TRP holders can apply for a subsequent TRP from within Canada, however TRP holders are not eligible for maintained status.

So what does this mean for me if i want to stay in Canada? I apply for the subsequent TRP from within Canada before mine expires, can i remain until a decision is made? Or do i have to leave when the TRP expires? I was under the impression that as long as i applied for another TRP before this one expires i could stay, but the Canada.ca website states that : TRP holders do not benefit from maintained status.

So now im confused. Can i stay or no?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
did you find answer? Maybe you can set appointment with an RCIC or Immigration Lawyer.. so not to risk your TRP
There is no maintained/implied status with a TRP application. A person can remain in Canada but they do not have valid status under these circumstances.

Iamleo13

Jun 11, 2024
The OP didn't mention if he has WP or none with his TRP and how many years was given to him. So he can't work if ever he has WP with it if both expires and no status. How long should a TRP "extension" or another application take place as the applicant already has been approved for a previous TRP, given that he maintains good behaviour. Does anyone know?

rafaelnunez18

Nov 14, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Mine has an open wp with it, extension approved I didn't have to stop work. Must comply with all conditions attached to it, must not become inadmissible for any other reasons while in Canada.

Reactions: Iamleo13

Iamleo13

Jun 11, 2024
Mine has an open wp with it, extension approved I didn't have to stop work. Must comply with all conditions attached to it, must not become inadmissible for any other reasons while in Canada.
OP has inadmissibility TRP as what Ive known. So when you applied for extension, did your approval came before expiration of first TRP?I am asking questions also for my information as I am currently applying for TRP. thank you for your reply

rafaelnunez18

Nov 14, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
It was transferred from Edmonton office to Vancouver office, took over one year to process at Vancouver office. What are you inadmissible for? If you don't mind me asking. If you stay continuously for 3 years on subsequent trps you can apply for residence under the permit holder class, I'm eligible for it.

Iamleo13

Jun 11, 2024
It was transferred from Edmonton office to Vancouver office, took over one year to process at Vancouver office. What are you inadmissible for? If you don't mind me asking. If you stay continuously for 3 years on subsequent trps you can apply for residence under the permit holder class, I'm eligible for it.
thank you for your reply. my inadmissibility is same as the OP. no other records, one time thing. no injuries or what, just those random checks las covid time. went home ahead as I have work the ff day. i hope mine will work out.. been regretting it so so much!

rafaelnunez18

Nov 14, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hope it works out for you, you don't need to leave while extension is in progress, as long as you apply before expiry date of the old one.