+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRP, H&C, and Criminal rehabilitation processing time

Won

Sep 23, 2017
I'm just typing in my timeline I think it's easy to see and understand my circumstances.
1. I met an international student recruiter in South Korea (SK) in 2013
2. she required me to send all documents on the list provided by her, and I emailed them all.
3. she emailed me said "your study permit approved and can pick up at Vancouver airport and asked me to delete all conversations with her(messenger and email) and I did it.
4. I landed in Canada in Jan 2014 and went to college and graduated in Jul 2017.
5. I got a full-time job related to my major and was able to apply for PNP in Dec 2017.
6. The PNP was approved in Jun 2018, and I applied for Federal in Jul 2018.
7. I got a call from CBSA regarding the misrepresentation of the initial application in Jan 2020. (DUI in Jan 2006). the Officer showed me the initial application that I checked "No" on the question about "Have you committed any crime?" I realized that the lady who issued my study permit when I came to Canada did not declare my DUI, so I applied for Criminal rehabilitation in Sep 2020.
8. I got a letter that I need to attend a hearing in May, so I hired the immigration lawyer, but we lost the battle then received an exclusion order, which reflects leaving Canada within 30 days.
9. I retained another lawyer, and his associate applied PRRA, TRP in July 2021, and H&C in Nov 2021.
10. I have not received any update yet for now.

PS: The reason to apply for a PRRA is to buy time, but I received a letter from IRCC that they closed my PRRA because my previous PR application is still in progress.
The letter says I will be able to re-apply for a PRRA after PR is processed whether it's approved or rejected.

My PGWP has already been expired in Aug 2020, but I applied for BOWP in Jun 2020. It's still in progress.

How long did you take to get approved on your TRP, H&C, or Criminal rehabilitation?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm just typing in my timeline I think it's easy to see and understand my circumstances.
1. I met an international student recruiter in South Korea (SK) in 2013
2. she required me to send all documents on the list provided by her, and I emailed them all.
3. she emailed me said "your study permit approved and can pick up at Vancouver airport and asked me to delete all conversations with her(messenger and email) and I did it.
4. I landed in Canada in Jan 2014 and went to college and graduated in Jul 2017.
5. I got a full-time job related to my major and was able to apply for PNP in Dec 2017.
6. The PNP was approved in Jun 2018, and I applied for Federal in Jul 2018.
7. I got a call from CBSA regarding the misrepresentation of the initial application in Jan 2020.
8. I got a letter that I need to attend a hearing in May, so I hired the immigration lawyer, but we lost the battle then received an exclusion order, which reflects leaving Canada within 30 days.
9. I retained another lawyer, and his associate applied PRRA, TRP in July 2021, and H&C in Nov 2021.
10. I have not received any update yet for now.

PS: The reason to apply for a PRRA is to buy time, but I received a letter from IRCC that they closed my PRRA because my previous PR application is still in progress.
The letter says I will be able to re-apply for a PRRA after PR is processed whether it's approved or rejected.

My PGWP has already been expired in Aug 2020, but I applied for BOWP in Jun 2020. It's still in progress.

How long did you take to get approved on your TRP, H&C, or Criminal rehabilitation?
H&C applications take around two years.

TRP applications are currently taking 1.5+ years.

It's not clear why you applied for criminal rehabilitation. Was there a criminal charge you had in your home country that you failed to declare when you came to Canada?

Reactions: Won

Won

Sep 23, 2017
Sorry for not pointing it out. There is a person on #2 (she) is an international student recruiter who issued my study permit on behalf of me and did not declare the DUI on my application. OMG. TRP is taking 1.5 years??? How about PRRA? because if it takes 1.5 on average then I need to re-apply the PRRA to buy time......

Won

Sep 23, 2017
H&C applications take around two years.

TRP applications are currently taking 1.5+ years.

It's not clear why you applied for criminal rehabilitation. Was there a criminal charge you had in your home country that you failed to declare when you came to Canada?
also added more information about the DUI on # 7. Thanks.