+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tricky situation with EE application - Kindly help

abhishek87

Jan 3, 2018
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
Hello folks,

I'm a newbie here. First off, thank you to everyone who takes the time to post on this forum and help others. You guys are awesome! :) I have a bit of a tricky situation with my application and need some help, hope someone is able to bail me out.

Background: My spouse and I are in the EE pool (FSW), having submitted our applications on Dec 7, 2017. We have a CRS of 435, which going by the current trend, i'm hoping :p will be reached before May 2018

Situation: I have an upcoming 1 year assignment in the Netherlands with my current organisation, which could possibly start by May/June 2018. This assignment is an important one and so i definitely want to take it, which means i will be travelling to the Netherlands in May/June. Once the assignment is over, i will hopefully move to Canada.

My questions:

1) I have, say, 3 months in India before i travel to NL. What do i need to do in these 3 months so that i can handle my EE formalities in NL itself (from May) without having to travel to India. The reason being, this assignment in NL is expected to be tight without too much hope for a holiday :(

From the top of my head, i can think of police clearance and medical formalities. Is there anything else?

2) From the little research i've done, i'm assuming if i get my ITA in April/May, i will need to travel to Canada by late 2018. Is this correct? How many days of work do i have there? Those are the days that i will take my only vacation in NL :)

3) Does my master plan have any big flaws that i havent foreseen? I cant shake off the feeling that i am missing something big here :D

Thanks in advance! If you need more information to answer my questions, please ask.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello folks,

I'm a newbie here. First off, thank you to everyone who takes the time to post on this forum and help others. You guys are awesome! :) I have a bit of a tricky situation with my application and need some help, hope someone is able to bail me out.

Background: My spouse and I are in the EE pool (FSW), having submitted our applications on Dec 7, 2017. We have a CRS of 435, which going by the current trend, i'm hoping :p will be reached before May 2018

Situation: I have an upcoming 1 year assignment in the Netherlands with my current organisation, which could possibly start by May/June 2018. This assignment is an important one and so i definitely want to take it, which means i will be travelling to the Netherlands in May/June. Once the assignment is over, i will hopefully move to Canada.

My questions:

1) I have, say, 3 months in India before i travel to NL. What do i need to do in these 3 months so that i can handle my EE formalities in NL itself (from May) without having to travel to India. The reason being, this assignment in NL is expected to be tight without too much hope for a holiday :(

From the top of my head, i can think of police clearance and medical formalities. Is there anything else?

2) From the little research i've done, i'm assuming if i get my ITA in April/May, i will need to travel to Canada by late 2018. Is this correct? How many days of work do i have there? Those are the days that i will take my only vacation in NL :)

3) Does my master plan have any big flaws that i havent foreseen? I cant shake off the feeling that i am missing something big here :D

Thanks in advance! If you need more information to answer my questions, please ask.
What about having to return your passport to have the IM-1 visa issued? You are not, if I remember correctly, permitted to post your passport.

abhishek87

Jan 3, 2018
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
What about having to return your passport to have the IM-1 visa issued? You are not, if I remember correctly, permitted to post your passport.
Thanks a bunch for the reply. I was worried about that. Might need to take a few days off from NL to come to India for this. Any idea how long it takes for the passport to come back to me once i submit to the VAC?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks a bunch for the reply. I was worried about that. Might need to take a few days off from NL to come to India for this. Any idea how long it takes for the passport to come back to me once i submit to the VAC?
I don't but I seem to remember that it's not particularly quickly. If you ask in the country-specific threads, you should be able to get a better idea of how long it takes.

abhishek87

Jan 3, 2018
Chennai, India
Category........
FSW
I don't but I seem to remember that it's not particularly quickly. If you ask in the country-specific threads, you should be able to get a better idea of how long it takes.
Thank you.

1) Assuming i come to India and handle that, how soon do i need to land in Canada after getting my visa stamped? Are there any rules around this? I am assuming i need to land before my medical results expire, which is 1 year? Or has this been changed?

2) How many days of work do i have in Canada to get my PR done?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you.

1) Assuming i come to India and handle that, how soon do i need to land in Canada after getting my visa stamped? Are there any rules around this? I am assuming i need to land before my medical results expire, which is 1 year? Or has this been changed?

2) How many days of work do i have in Canada to get my PR done?
1) The expiry date on the visa and COPR will be approximately at 1 year after the medical examination, sometimes a few weeks more. You absolutely must land by that date.
2) you can get all the initial processing done in the airport, including SIN at some. Then return on the next available flight. You don't need to leave the airport...