+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tricky situation. anyone up for the challenge?

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
How old are you? Do you communicate in English or Spanish and what is the level of proficiency in the language of communication? What are your religions? Your education levels? With the short relationship and little time in person, these are things that IRCC is going to look at harder.
i am 42, i speak fluently french and english. learning spanish as we go. She speak spanish and english, learning french as she go.

when we talk together, i talk to her in french and her spanish. She is also learning french, so this method allow us to make progress quite fast. If we are not sure to understand, we both switch to english. when we text, i write in french and spanish (50/50) and she does the same.

we are both catholics.
she studied in university and have diploma in both journalism and administration. i studied in electricity in college.

I run a manufacturing business of about 90 employees and a turnover of 20M$ CAD (still growing) for about 15 years now. she does not know how big is my company, i always managed to keep that low key and make it look like it is a VERY small thing with low numbers. we do not talk much about this subject (intentionaly from me) as i am wise enough to know that there are many opportunist that are looking for these kind of "opportunity". i always dress totaly casual and i am not a flashy guy at all. anybody who would see me would think i am just a regular guy with a regular job. i never told her about any assets. and she never asked neither. i am totaly carefull not to look like a big fish.. or any fish at all. But i have to say that it is obvious that she have no interest in that.

Also, she hate the cold, and she totally freak out when i tell her how it is cold here these weeks.. She would like me to go to live in Colombia instead of her coming to Canada. but for now, i just tell her i can't because of my "small shop". everytime i see she feel it is unfair that she will have to do all the sacrifice. So, to be honest, i genuinly feel that moving to Canada is not the dream of her life, but she will do it for me. it is not a double face game, as we had real arguments about this subjects already. She is not the "i follow what you say at any cost" type of girl. She also have her way of thinking and is not shy to argue if something affect her values. i am talking about Colombian style argument.. not the submissive type that would do or accept everything for a PR.

other than that, i am well traveled and i have been to a lot of country (Russia, US, tons in Caribbean, Africa, Mongolia, Thailand, China, Belarus, Germany, Sweden, etc). i have no idea how many hundreds of flight i took in my live. Just to point out that i have meet a lot of people from a lot of socio-economic context. and i quickly developped a sixth sense for "opportunist people in disguise". some years ago i once had a GF from Thailand, and she tried to play me the "long con".. and i could see her coming from 10 miles.. I am a pragmatic person, with very strong personality and i am not easy to fool. And as a pragmatic person, even if i love all with all my heart and i truly believe she is the love of my life, i still keep both of my feet grounded and on the lookout.

i just re-read this reply and i sound a bit harsh... but like i said, i love her and i want her in my life, but i keep my eyes open.
For the India/Singapore, i feel there is something she does not want to tell me. and i know i will find it in details soon enough. But for now, i tell myself that if it would be something "that" bad, she would be in jail in one of these country, or would have made international news.. it is a delicate subject and i know she is not comfortable talking about this.. i feel shame in her reaction. So, now she is in contact with her lawyer in order to have all required documentation to explain what happened in India as justification in her TRV (not trying to "erase record".. everybody know it will be there for 100 years..)

again, thanks!

Reactions: Bryanna

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
ok. The PR does not worry me much at this point.

thanks!

Yes i agree with you. but like i said, she working to figure this out, and explain everything on her TRV. We will see what happen with this. i keep an eye open and i will also investigate on my side. i understand that you can see all this as a big redflag. but on my shoes, i know some element of her past (that i cannot write in this forum) that makes her story more logic to me.. nothing that is terrifying to me. anyway, that is her problem to solve. and i will not interfere with her too much on that part. IMO, it is her mess that she will have to clean in order to be elligible for her TRV and PR.

just to be clear, like i mentionned in my other reply to Canuck. Now she is in contact with her lawyer in order to have all required documentation to explain what happened in India as justification in her TRV (not trying to "erase record".. everybody know it will be there for 100 years..).

when i say clean her mess, i mean justify herself and explain for the TRV. her lawyer is helping her with document to support her explanation.

thanks again!

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
What if she bumps in to this post. Lol. Relationships should be as transparent as possible, just my 2 cents.
i agree. but like i previously said.. i know the risk that this kind of relationship can bring. i have no choice to be carefull. Understand that i can be considered as a "very interesting big fish".. I love her with all my heart, but before marrying her, i need to do my due dilligence. I cannot tell her "hey honey, by the way my business is about 100 employees and is worth millions" .. do not give papaya.. like the Colombian say..

she will know this when the good time comes (i do not think it is a bad surprise..)... and for her story, like i said, i know enough not to be worry about it.

if she bump in this post, then so be it. But i know she won't, as she put everything in the hands of the visa agency in Bogota. She have enough on her plate already

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
follow up.. and a question for you guys...

she got all her document ready and she have an appointment next tuesday at VFS office for photo and biometrics.

as it took more time to gather everything and prepare her application with the agency, we are in a tricky situation.
if it takes 2-3 weeks to have her visa, it is ok.
but, if she does not get her visa, then it will be too late for us to go meet our family during their cruise stop in Curacao (remember one of my first post).
as they will be in curacao around 5 march.

so, we have decided that we will not take any chances, and we will plan already to go to Curacao to meet my family. it is safer. and if we do not do it, and her visa is refused, then we would really be out of easy option to meet my family before (remember they need to meet her before i tell them we will marry).

now my technical question is:
she will submit her complete application on february 19. and we will go to curacao on March 2.
if they contact her and ask her to submit her passport to put the visa inside, how long does it takes to get her passport back?
also, how much time she have to send them her passport (in case we are in curacao when they ask)?

we intend to stay in curacao for about 1 week max

thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
now my technical question is:
she will submit her complete application on february 19. and we will go to curacao on March 2.
if they contact her and ask her to submit her passport to put the visa inside, how long does it takes to get her passport back?
also, how much time she have to send them her passport (in case we are in curacao when they ask)?

we intend to stay in curacao for about 1 week max

thanks!
She has 30 days to submit her passport for visa stamping.

IMO, she must not attempt to submit her passport when she is in Curacao. BTW the visa office for Curacao is Mexico City. So her passport would be sent to Mexico city. She must include a pre-paid return airway bill to get her passport back in Curaco. Passport transmission will take 7-10 days.

She would be risking getting her passport back in time. It's best if she submits her passport when she returns to Colombia

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
Thanks Bryanna,

30 days is plenty. so, she will submit her passport only after we get back from Curacao, and only at Bogota visa office.