+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tricky situation. anyone up for the challenge?

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
Hi,

I would like to have some advice as me and my girlfriend have a quite complex situation.

Here are some background information:
  • She is Colombian. 32 years old. Have 2 children (15 & 16) that she have 24/7. Father is not present nor interested in childrens.
  • Between 2015 and 2018, she had a work contract with the mayor office in her city. Her contract finished in December 2018. She is currently unemployed. She does have a registered company (bookstore) but not really/somewhat active.
  • She have 3 house, and a car. Everything is fully paid. No debt. she rent 2 house and live in one, so she have a small/stable revenue on these.
  • Between 2011 and 2016, she traveled to China, Singapor, India, Mexico, Paris, UK (more or less 30 trips)
  • She never had any issues, except at 2 occasions:
    • India 2016: overstayed 1 day on a 15 day stay. Lost the custom paper, so she exited 1 day late
    • Singapore 2015: refused entry, reason given: no specific reason given (probably entry too fast after exit to renew stamp)

we plan to marry in Cartagena in July 2019. Church is booked. After the wedding, we will do spouse sponsorship immigration application (from Colombia, in order to keep the appeal possibility, just in case)

Right now, we are in the process of visa application. Here is the trick. My family did not meet her yet, and they do not know yet about the wedding. So time is critical. So I want her to come to Canada in in early March to meet my family ASAP so that they can get to know each other, and then I will tell them the great news.

Documentation assembled for the visa application (everything is translated in English, plus Spanish original):

Invitation letter from me, stating I will pay everything (including copy of my birth certificate and passport) (reason of visit… to be determined.. continue reading). i state in the letter that i am CEO and owner of a company. Also asking if possible to issue a multiple entry visa .

Cover letter from me, stating I will pay everything. Mentioning she will enjoy the fact she is not currently working to come to Canada for the short visit. And stating she must go back to Colombia on XX date to take care of her kids, and look for a new job. (reason of visit… to be determined.. continue reading) Also asking if possible to issue a multiple entry visa .

• Bank account info (1500 USD in account for the trip)
  • Car ownership
  • 3 house ownership
  • Birth certificate for her 2 kids
  • Her company registration
  • Round trip Flight ticket for her (prepaid by me)
  • Travel history

One visa/immigration agency in Bogota advised her to mention that she want to come to Canada to visit a friend (me) and do sight seeing. They say the visa would be refused if we mention about a relationship or wedding plan. So, in their opinion, I should just say I am a friend, and she would do tourist.

My opinions is: I know her application is not strong (unemployed, not much money, refused entry/overstayed). I am fully aware it is a very long shot..

So, IMHO, saying she come as tourist to do sightseeing with a friend sounds ridiculous and provide immediate grounds for refusal… in seconds. And added to the fact that it is not the truth.. I am not comfortable with this… at all

What I had in mind is:
  • Write both letter saying:
    • basic information (status, who pay for the trip, etc)
    • we plan to mary in July 2019, with church booking confirmation (proof of need to return). And she need to meet my family before I announce them the wedding. Also include a copy of my flight ticket for me to go to Cartagena for the wedding (logical she needs to be there). And also for her, from her town to Cartagena (another proof she won’t be in Canada)
    • we both have to go to Cartagena in early April to do all the wedding arrangement, and organize everything. So again, I can include a flight ticket for me. And also for her, from her town to Cartagena (another proof she won’t be in Canada)
    • I have to go to Germany in mid April for my work. If it makes the application stronger, I can bring her with me and also include both flight ticket. (another proof she won’t be in Canada)
    • After the wedding, we will start the spouse sponsorship immigration application, but from outside (Colombia) in order to keep a possibilty of appeal, if needed.
Do not tell me it is a lost cause.. we will try anyway. but we would like to try the "less bumpy road"
Any help or advise would be very appreciated
Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I would like to have some advice as me and my girlfriend have a quite complex situation.

Here are some background information:
  • She is Colombian. 32 years old. Have 2 children (15 & 16) that she have 24/7. Father is not present nor interested in childrens.
  • Between 2015 and 2018, she had a work contract with the mayor office in her city. Her contract finished in December 2018. She is currently unemployed. She does have a registered company (bookstore) but not really/somewhat active.
  • She have 3 house, and a car. Everything is fully paid. No debt. she rent 2 house and live in one, so she have a small/stable revenue on these.
  • Between 2011 and 2016, she traveled to China, Singapor, India, Mexico, Paris, UK (more or less 30 trips)
  • She never had any issues, except at 2 occasions:
    • India 2016: overstayed 1 day on a 15 day stay. Lost the custom paper, so she exited 1 day late
    • Singapore 2015: refused entry, reason given: no specific reason given (probably entry too fast after exit to renew stamp)

we plan to marry in Cartagena in July 2019. Church is booked. After the wedding, we will do spouse sponsorship immigration application (from Colombia, in order to keep the appeal possibility, just in case)

Right now, we are in the process of visa application. Here is the trick. My family did not meet her yet, and they do not know yet about the wedding. So time is critical. So I want her to come to Canada in in early March to meet my family ASAP so that they can get to know each other, and then I will tell them the great news.

Documentation assembled for the visa application (everything is translated in English, plus Spanish original):

Invitation letter from me, stating I will pay everything (including copy of my birth certificate and passport) (reason of visit… to be determined.. continue reading). i state in the letter that i am CEO and owner of a company. Also asking if possible to issue a multiple entry visa .

Cover letter from me, stating I will pay everything. Mentioning she will enjoy the fact she is not currently working to come to Canada for the short visit. And stating she must go back to Colombia on XX date to take care of her kids, and look for a new job. (reason of visit… to be determined.. continue reading) Also asking if possible to issue a multiple entry visa .

• Bank account info (1500 USD in account for the trip)
  • Car ownership
  • 3 house ownership
  • Birth certificate for her 2 kids
  • Her company registration
  • Round trip Flight ticket for her (prepaid by me)
  • Travel history

One visa/immigration agency in Bogota advised her to mention that she want to come to Canada to visit a friend (me) and do sight seeing. They say the visa would be refused if we mention about a relationship or wedding plan. So, in their opinion, I should just say I am a friend, and she would do tourist.

My opinions is: I know her application is not strong (unemployed, not much money, refused entry/overstayed). I am fully aware it is a very long shot..

So, IMHO, saying she come as tourist to do sightseeing with a friend sounds ridiculous and provide immediate grounds for refusal… in seconds. And added to the fact that it is not the truth.. I am not comfortable with this… at all

What I had in mind is:
  • Write both letter saying:
    • basic information (status, who pay for the trip, etc)
    • we plan to mary in July 2019, with church booking confirmation (proof of need to return). And she need to meet my family before I announce them the wedding. Also include a copy of my flight ticket for me to go to Cartagena for the wedding (logical she needs to be there). And also for her, from her town to Cartagena (another proof she won’t be in Canada)
    • we both have to go to Cartagena in early April to do all the wedding arrangement, and organize everything. So again, I can include a flight ticket for me. And also for her, from her town to Cartagena (another proof she won’t be in Canada)
    • I have to go to Germany in mid April for my work. If it makes the application stronger, I can bring her with me and also include both flight ticket. (another proof she won’t be in Canada)
    • After the wedding, we will start the spouse sponsorship immigration application, but from outside (Colombia) in order to keep a possibilty of appeal, if needed.
Do not tell me it is a lost cause.. we will try anyway. but we would like to try the "less bumpy road"
Any help or advise would be very appreciated
Thanks!
There are two separate visa cases here:
1. Her TRV
2. Her spousal PR

Her PR:
1. Hopefully you have met her in-person a number of times and you know her well.... and you have that evidence for her PR app.
2. Her ex-husband must give his written/legal consent for her two children to be dependents in the PR app (accompanying or non-accompanying).

Now, her TRV application:
1. Her past work history of the work contracts with the Mayor's office is irrelevant except for declaring it in the TRV application.

2. Red Flag #1: She is unemployed = Potential overstayer

3. Red Flag #2: Your statement that you are the CEO of a company + you will pay for her entire visit = She is likely to work illegally during her visit

4. Red Flag #3: You will pay for her entire visit + she has only CAD 1,500 = She cannot afford the visit + no financial incentives for her to return to Colombia

5. Red Flag #4: Requesting a multiple-entry visa = Intention to visit again. BTW all applications are automatically considered for MEV by IRCC

6. Red Flag #5 (biggest one): Declaring your relationship + the wedding plans + your family hasn't met her yet = Possibility to cancel all wedding plans in Cartagena + apply for spousal PR/common-law sponsorship via the inland route later. I agree with the Bogota visa agent on this point.

7. Red Flag #6: Overstayed in India. It is super easy for a Colombian to get a India e-Visa. Generally, the India visa allows Colombians to stay for up to 60 days. So, if her India visit was limited by immigration at the India POE or if she was issued an e-Visa of restricted validity then there was some specific reason for this. Overstaying by day may/may not be condoned (not sure what her circumstances were to be given a restricted stay)

8. Red Flag #7: Denied entry to Singapore. This one is pretty unusual. Singapore is one of the most liberal countries for tourism purposes. As she was denied entry then this was not because she was re-entering Singapore too soon. It's not uncommon for travelers to enter/exit/re-enter Singapore in 24 hours/within a couple of days. BTW this entry denied must be declared in her TRV app.

9. Red Flag #8: Stating she must go back to look for a new job. I would not draw attention to a negative point in her application. On the contrary, if she has job offers, she could include evidence of those. Do be aware that job offers generally don't work. Evidence of actual employment, getting a regular salary, etc would work.

10. Round-trip tickets prepaid by you: Tickets don't assure a TRV approval + you have paid for them (again, might seem like reimbursement for any illegal work and/or confirms that she cannot afford the visit)

Now, what might work in her favor:
1. Property ownership: Are the properties rented? Does she earn rent? Rent agreements?

2. Her children: Only their birth certificates won't help. She must include evidence they live at the same address + she is raising the kids + the kids are in school, hence, the reason to return to Colombia

3. Church booking for the wedding: You would want to back this up with other related evidence such as wedding invitations (but, you have to cross that bridge because your family doesn't know about your intended wedding yet), bookings for the florists, etc

4. Her travel history: She must include a Travel History explanation + scan the Schengen/UK visas. But, again those visits were very different from her intended Canada visit.

Basically, declaring your relationship + her intentions to immigrate as your spouse later this year negates all the strong ties that the visa officer would like to see in her TRV application.

In short:
IMO, someone else should invite her + she must apply for a TRV after she is employed, has a better financial situation (not transferred from your account or anyone else's), can prove more substantial ties to Colombia

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
Thank you for your answer Bryanna. everything you say makes a lot of sense
i confess myself.. i searched the forum a lot.. and seen a lot of post from you Bryanna, and i am amazed by your knowledge. i was secretly hoping you would find some interest in my post ! so, thanks! hahaha
ok, now to the subject.

PR
1. yes i have meet her for the first time in China in 2015, spent 1 week together.. fallen totaly in love.. came back to Canada.. but i am ashamed to admit i had to cut contact with her a couple of weeks after coming back for couple some personnal reasons. but thanks for pointing that out, i know that there a lot of people who get scammed
we reconnected in august 2018, and i found out that feeling on both sides were still as strong as before, like magnetic attraction. so i spent 3 week in december/january 2019 in Colombia. i have spent a lot of time with her family (parents, brother, sisters, nephew, niece, etc). also meet a bunch of her friends.
We are in close contact everyday, i know know (4 years later) that her feelings are trully genuine, based on many factors. .. we have a bunch of picture together, and with her family, from my recent trip in Colombia. a lot of chat logs, calls, chat logs between me and her 2 kids also, etc. i even have a couple of picture of us back then in 2015.
2. she was never married before (but i guess it does not have any impact). she have a court document that states she have full custody of both of them. so, i don't know if a written conscent from him is required

TRV (that's a lot of redflag, i admit i am not surprised)
1. understood. we will not mention it. make a lot of sense
2. we cannot do much about this
3a. CEO, i thought it would help to built up credibility. but i understant your point and it is very logic. i might just mention "management" or something less "flashy" (like entrepreneur, owner).
4a. concerning the "i pay for her visit" , i will try to formulate it differently. something like "her plane ticket is already booked and paid. she will stay in my house during her trip, so i will provide board and lodging" .I have seen the following two sentence in other post, should i also put them? maybe they are not relevant as there are nothing to back this up.. but, who know..
I undertake to make sure that she will not remain in Canada further than the period allowed for her stay and that she will return as stated by the conditions of her visitor’s visa.
undertaking that you will be responsible for any shortfall in her finances during her trip
4b. she have 2kCAD .. and a CC (not sure of the limit)
5. good point. we will not mention it as it is useless
6. understood, we will not mention that.
7. India: i challenged her to have more details. in fact, she was not comfortable telling me the whole thing.. meaning that she ordered a India visa by internet at that time, and got scammed by a fake agency and got a fake visa. they noticed it, then wanted to put accusation on her for this. but a lawyer "saved her" and they did not held any charges against her. but indeed deported her. She is quite ashamed of this bad experience/mistake. She is in contact with this lawyer right now to investigate what kind of traces it might have left, if it did..
8. Singapore: that is the reason they told her. no stamp on her passport. nothing. just said she cannot enter the country. yes it will be declared on TRV form.
9. make sense. we will not mention this. she currently have no job offer. maybe we just may mention she need to go back to take care of her business (bookstore).. or simply just totaly avoid this subject..
10a. agreed they do not assure TRV. but if it help even just a little, it is ok.
10b ticket paid by me:will not mention on the letter who paid the ticket. just that it is paid. and on the itinerary itself, my name is not mentionned on it, just 4 last digit of CC.

what might work in her favor
1. yes. she own 3 house. all 3 of them are clear of any debt. 2 of these house are rented. she earn some money from them and they show in another of her bank account. she does have rent contract and she will include them in the application
2. good point! she will include kids school subscription documentation, showing they live in the same adress and that she paid their school registration fees.
3. we will not talk about marriage.
4. she will inlude travel history, with all details. most of her trips were for tourism. but some for business (mainly China and Mexico).

again, thank you for your help!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i confess myself.. i searched the forum a lot.. and seen a lot of post from you Bryanna, and i am amazed by your knowledge. i was secretly hoping you would find some interest in my post ! so, thanks! hahaha
ok, now to the subject.

PR
1. yes i have meet her for the first time in China in 2015, spent 1 week together.. fallen totaly in love.. came back to Canada.. but i am ashamed to admit i had to cut contact with her a couple of weeks after coming back for couple some personnal reasons. but thanks for pointing that out, i know that there a lot of people who get scammed
we reconnected in august 2018, and i found out that feeling on both sides were still as strong as before, like magnetic attraction. so i spent 3 week in december/january 2019 in Colombia. i have spent a lot of time with her family (parents, brother, sisters, nephew, niece, etc). also meet a bunch of her friends.
We are in close contact everyday, i know know (4 years later) that her feelings are trully genuine, based on many factors. .. we have a bunch of picture together, and with her family, from my recent trip in Colombia. a lot of chat logs, calls, chat logs between me and her 2 kids also, etc. i even have a couple of picture of us back then in 2015.
2. she was never married before (but i guess it does not have any impact). she have a court document that states she have full custody of both of them. so, i don't know if a written conscent from him is required
If the TRV doesn't work out, I would recommend that you visit her at least once more before getting married. Your relationship has moved quite quickly from reconnecting in 2018 to marriage.

FYI - no point saying that you'll undertake to make sure she will not remain in Canada beyond her allowed stay. You have no way to enforce this and IRCC can't hold you (or her) responsible for this - so they are really empty words. Focus should be on her demonstrating as strong ties as possible to her home country. And don't book the airline ticket in advance unless it's refundable. She needs to demonstrate increased funds for the trip if at all possible. Saying the plane ticket is booked and that she will stay at your place is the equivalent of saying you're paying for everything and won't work in her favour.

Good luck.

Reactions: Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I love helping people that have challenging TRV applications. The results/decisions are pretty fast unlike other visa categories. Yup, I could not miss your post :D

ok, now to the subject.

PR
Purely my two cents:
It's easy to get carried away in the initial phase of love. Yes, four years is a long time + this is your individual. personal decision.

Nonetheless, it would help if your gf meets your family, friends, and other folks who matter in your life. They may have some views that might be worth considering.

The court custody document would help. An affidavit from the father of the kids will help too.

3a. CEO, i thought it would help to built up credibility. but i understant your point and it is very logic. i might just mention "management" or something less "flashy" (like entrepreneur, owner).
Does she work for your company? Intend to work for your company?

Not sure why you would like to mention about your company if you are employed by another employer.

4a. concerning the "i pay for her visit" , i will try to formulate it differently. something like "her plane ticket is already booked and paid. she will stay in my house during her trip, so i will provide board and lodging" .I have seen the following two sentence in other post, should i also put them? maybe they are not relevant as there are nothing to back this up.. but, who know..
I undertake to make sure that she will not remain in Canada further than the period allowed for her stay and that she will return as stated by the conditions of her visitor’s visa.
undertaking that you will be responsible for any shortfall in her finances during her trip
It won't work because it cannot be enforced.

4b. she have 2kCAD .. and a CC (not sure of the limit)
I would still recommend she applies after she is employed + has saved up a bit more. I can understand the urgency in you wanting her to meet your family, but let's consider her application from the visa officer's perspective.

7. India: i challenged her to have more details. in fact, she was not comfortable telling me the whole thing.. meaning that she ordered a India visa by internet at that time, and got scammed by a fake agency and got a fake visa. they noticed it, then wanted to put accusation on her for this. but a lawyer "saved her" and they did not held any charges against her. but indeed deported her. She is quite ashamed of this bad experience/mistake. She is in contact with this lawyer right now to investigate what kind of traces it might have left, if it did..
IMO, this is a super huge red flag waving at you. There is no truth in what she is telling you. This story is incredulous!!

Was she deported or did she actually stay for 15 days? Or was she deported after the 1-day overstay beyond the 15 days (this is unusual considering Colombians are allowed to stay for up to 60 days)? Why was her stay restricted?

She would not have been allowed to travel to/ enter India if her e-Visa was fake.

Yes, she had to apply online for an India e-Visa. No, there is no way she could have been possibly scammed by a fake agency, nor did she get a fake e-Visa. These visas are granted by the Indian immigration authorities, no agents involved. The lawyer-"saved"-her-story does not make sense.

Regarding her restricted stay of 15 days, I'm guessing she was on the verge of being denied entry to India too, but she managed to convince the immigration officer to allow her to visit for at least 15 days.

You may probably want to contact the Foreigners Registration Office (FRO) in the city she visited (maybe a local person authorized by you would get be able to get more information). This FRO is usually located in the office of the Commissioner of Police for that city. They can advise you if her stay was restricted or if she was deported so soon after a 15 day visit. Deportations take several weeks/months.

Also, the hotel(s) where she stayed might be able to help because they have to submit documents to the local police for foreign guests.

8. Singapore: that is the reason they told her. no stamp on her passport. nothing. just said she cannot enter the country. yes it will be declared on TRV form.
Singapore can deny entry if immigration believes the visitor is visiting for a purpose that would harm the interests of Singaporeans or maybe if the visitor is likely to work illegally.

It's true that the immigration authorities in Singapore won't give a reason, but they must have questioned your gf before refusing her entry. In short, there's probably more to this Singapore entry refusal.

Both these points i.e India restricted visit or is it deportation (?) + entry denied to Singapore are likely to be considered when you apply for her spousal PR. She must declare both in her TRV app too.

what might work in her favor
1. yes. she own 3 house. all 3 of them are clear of any debt. 2 of these house are rented. she earn some money from them and they show in another of her bank account. she does have rent contract and she will include them in the application
These documents would certainly help especially if she needs to return to renew the rent contracts.

2. good point! she will include kids school subscription documentation, showing they live in the same adress and that she paid their school registration fees.
3. we will not talk about marriage.
4. she will inlude travel history, with all details. most of her trips were for tourism. but some for business (mainly China and Mexico).
Sounds good

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
If the TRV doesn't work out, I would recommend that you visit her at least once more before getting married. Your relationship has moved quite quickly from reconnecting in 2018 to marriage.

FYI - no point saying that you'll undertake to make sure she will not remain in Canada beyond her allowed stay. You have no way to enforce this and IRCC can't hold you (or her) responsible for this - so they are really empty words. Focus should be on her demonstrating as strong ties as possible to her home country. And don't book the airline ticket in advance unless it's refundable. She needs to demonstrate increased funds for the trip if at all possible. Saying the plane ticket is booked and that she will stay at your place is the equivalent of saying you're paying for everything and won't work in her favour.

Good luck.

agreed. if she do not have her TRV, i will go to colombia early March, and also in Mid April to pprepare the wedding with her. My family have a cruise in the caribbean early march.. they stop in Aruba, Bonair and Curacao. so that is my plan B for them to meet, if the TRV is refused. it is just more trouble and more money..
yes, i agree. it moved quite quickly. but we are fully comfortable with this. but i agree that PR will find it suspicious. so we will need to have a lot of "proof" to supply to prove it is genuine.

for the ticket, as i stated, we will not mention who paid for it. it shown on the ticket that it is paid and only show last 4 digit of CC, not my name.

thanks for your comments!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - make sure that BOTH the India and Singapore visa issues are mentioned in the TRV application.
agreed. if she do not have her TRV, i will go to colombia early March, and also in Mid April to pprepare the wedding with her. My family have a cruise in the caribbean early march.. they stop in Aruba, Bonair and Curacao. so that is my plan B for them to meet, if the TRV is refused. it is just more trouble and more money..
yes, i agree. it moved quite quickly. but we are fully comfortable with this. but i agree that PR will find it suspicious. so we will need to have a lot of "proof" to supply to prove it is genuine.

for the ticket, as i stated, we will not mention who paid for it. it shown on the ticket that it is paid and only show last 4 digit of CC, not my name.

The reason not to buy the airline ticket in advance is because this is generally of no help for the TRV (i.e. does not strengthen the application) and because you'll lose the money if the TRV is refused (unless you buy a refundable ticket which is generally quite a bit more expensive).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IMO, this is a super huge red flag waving at you. There is no truth in what she is telling you. This story is incredulous!!

Was she deported or did she actually stay for 15 days? Or was she deported after the 1-day overstay beyond the 15 days (this is unusual considering Colombians are allowed to stay for up to 60 days)?

She would not have been allowed entry into India if her e-Visa was fake.

Yes, she had to apply online for an India e-Visa. No, there is no way she could have been possibly scammed by a fake agency, nor did she get a fake e-Visa. These visas are granted by the Indian immigration authorities, no agents involved. The lawyer-"saved"-her-story does not make sense.

Regarding her restricted stay of 15 days, I'm guessing she was on the verge of being entry to India too, but she managed to convince the immigration officer to allow her to visit for at least 15 days.

If you'd like to know about the India stay then you would probably want to contact the Foreigners Registration Office in the city she visited. This FRO is usually located in the office of the Commissioner of Police for that city. They can advise you if her stay was restricted or if she was deported so soon after a 15 day visit.

Also, the hotel(s) where she stayed might be able to help because they have to submit documents to the local police for foreigners.
100% agree with this. This is an absolutely massive red flag.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

How old are you? Do you communicate in English or Spanish and what is the level of proficiency in the language of communication? What are your religions? Your education levels? With the short relationship and little time in person, these are things that IRCC is going to look at harder.

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
I love helping people that have challenging TRV applications. The results/decisions are pretty fast unlike other visa categories. Yup, I could not miss your post :D

Purely my two cents:
It's easy to get carried away in the initial phase of love. Yes, four years is a long time + this is your individual. personal decision.

Nonetheless, it would help if your gf meets your family, friends, and other folks who matter in your life. They may have some views that might be worth considering.

yes, just respectwise, they have to meet before. and indeed, i will continue doing my due dilligence before saying "yes".
The court custody document would help. An affidavit from the father of the kids will help too.

perfect. noted!
Does she work for your company? Intend to work for your company?
no she do not work for my company. no intend neither. we do have some immigrant workers, but they all have a status (student visa with work permit, PR, etc) we fully abide by all laws
Not sure why you would like to mention about your company if you are employed by another employer.
sorry, i was not clear in my sentence. i am the owner of the company. and i also work in my company doing management.

It won't work because it cannot be enforced.

I would still recommend she applies after she is employed + has saved up a bit more. I can understand the urgency in you wanting her to meet your family, but let's consider her application from the visa officer's perspective.
you are right. but it is time sensitive. like i said earlier, we are willing to try it.

Was she deported or did she actually stay for 15 days? Or was she deported after the 1-day overstay beyond the 15 days (this is unusual considering Colombians are allowed to stay for up to 60 days)? Why was her stay restricted?

She would not have been allowed to travel to/ enter India if her e-Visa was fake.

Regarding her restricted stay of 15 days, I'm guessing she was on the verge of being denied entry to India too, but she managed to convince the immigration officer to allow her to visit for at least 15 days.

You may probably want to contact the Foreigners Registration Office (FRO) in the city she visited (maybe a local person authorized by you would get be able to get more information). This FRO is usually located in the office of the Commissioner of Police for that city. They can advise you if her stay was restricted or if she was deported so soon after a 15 day visit. Deportations take several weeks/months.

Also, the hotel(s) where she stayed might be able to help because they have to submit documents to the local police for foreign guests.

sorry, i also went too fast on my reply about this one. i don't get all the details as she is taking care of her TRV with Bogota agency and i do not have everything in hand. this part is for her to deal with. she will mention it in the TRV form and she will supply information. She is gathering all her documentation with the lawyer and India to explain the situation on the TRV. For this, we shall see On my side, i try to assist her the best i can from Polar Canada
actually there are many stories of agency selling fake India visa approval letter
Singapore can deny entry if immigration believes the visitor is visiting for a purpose that would harm the interests of Singaporeans or maybe if the visitor is likely to work illegally.

It's true that the immigration authorities in Singapore won't give a reason, but they must have questioned your gf before refusing her entry. In short, there's probably more to this Singapore entry refusal.

Both these points i.e India restricted visit or is it deportation (?) + entry denied to Singapore are likely to be considered when you apply for her spousal PR. She must declare both in her TRV app too.

i agree. She will declare it on the TRV as well.

These documents would certainly help especially if she needs to return to renew the rent contracts.
yes you are right. that is a very good point
Sounds good

thanks again!

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
How old are you? Do you communicate in English or Spanish and what is the level of proficiency in the language of communication? What are your religions? Your education levels? With the short relationship and little time in person, these are things that IRCC is going to look at harder.
Hi Canuck
i am not worried about this type of info, neither she.
Or maybe i do not understant well what you mean. you talk about PR or TRV?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck
i am not worried about this type of info, neither she.
Or maybe i do not understant well what you mean. you talk about PR or TRV?
You may not be worried but IRCC will certainly be scrutinizing this for the PR app. It would be better for you to answer the questions, as you will get advice about any red flags.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
From a TRV perspective (and also for the PR application later), it would be interesting to know why India and Singapore (countries that generally welcome tourists.... and both countries normally don't bounce tourists back from their port of entries) denied her entry or deported her.... instead of accepting information that is being told at face value.

Her lawyer in India can do nothing to erase any traces of her deportation or was it her restricted stay (?). Just like other countries, these records will remain permanently

Reactions: scylla

Jack_

Feb 5, 2019
ok. The PR does not worry me much at this point.

thanks!
From a TRV perspective (and also for the PR application later), it would be interesting to know why India and Singapore (countries that generally welcome tourists.... and both countries normally don't bounce tourists back from their port of entries) denied her entry or deported her.... instead of accepting information that is being told at face value.

Her lawyer in India can do nothing to erase any traces of her deportation or was it her restricted stay (?). Just like other countries, these records will remain permanently

Yes i agree with you. but like i said, she working to figure this out, and explain everything on her TRV. We will see what happen with this. i keep an eye open and i will also investigate on my side. i understand that you can see all this as a big redflag. but on my shoes, i know some element of her past (that i cannot write in this forum) that makes her story more logic to me.. nothing that is terrifying to me. anyway, that is her problem to solve. and i will not interfere with her too much on that part. IMO, it is her mess that she will have to clean in order to be elligible for her TRV and PR.