+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Treasury Analyst noc mismatch? Please help!

cali_ljz

May 6, 2020
Hello all,
I am currently working as a Treasury Analyst at my company's US headquarter. My job title on my offer and company system is "Financial Analyst - Treasury". I am planning to apply PR through EE's FSW, but I am concerned that there will be a mismatch between my job duties and the NOC 1112 description.

What I do as a Treasury Analyst:
Prepare cash forecast and propose long term/ short term financing strategies.
Manage cash inflows and outflows on a daily basis.
Initiate drawdowns and repayment on credit facilities and corporate bonds.
Manage foreign exchange exposure by executing FX contracts.
Oversee company's letter of credits and corporate guarantees.
Process lease request from the plants and perform lease or buy analysis.

What NOC 1112 - Financial and Investment Analyst says:
Financial analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
  • Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
  • Analyze investment projects
  • Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
  • Follow up on financing projects with financial backers
  • Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
  • Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
  • Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.
Investment analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
  • Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
  • Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
  • Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.

NOC-1112 Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's degree in commerce, business administration or economics
    and (MATCHED)
    On-the-job training and industry courses and programs are usually required.
  • A master's degree in business administration (MBA) (concentration in finance) or in finance may be required. (I have Maters of Finance)
  • The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, available through a program conducted by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts in the United States, may be required by some employers. (My job does not require CFA but I and pursuing it anyway, Level 1 passed)

PLEASE GIVE YOUR VALUED OPINIONS!!! THANK YOU!

sglabrujo

Mar 9, 2021
Hello,

Did you apply using the Financial Analyst NOC?

Did you have an issues with your reference letter as Treasury Analyst?

Thanks

cali_ljz

May 6, 2020
Hello,

Did you apply using the Financial Analyst NOC?

Did you have an issues with your reference letter as Treasury Analyst?

Thanks
Hey, yes, I did end up apply using NOC1112. Just emphasize on how you make decision using market observation and try to match the NOC1112 JD. I think mine went through fine although I have not receive PPR because I am outland FSW.