+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travelling with Valid work permit(PGWPP) but study Visa.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
??

Careful about what? OP has nothing to worry about and can continue to use their valid TRV until it expires.

You posted a link to a question for visa-exempt people, which has NOTHING to do with OP's situation.

I suggest you be careful with what you post.
you are wrong
he needs a new TVR because of the work permit
ask for a immigration consultant/lawyer

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
A TRV is a TRV. It doesn't matter if it was issued to you as a visitor, student or worker. If it is multiple entry and not expired, it is still valid.
at entrance you must show your permit (work/study) to the border officer along with the TVR

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TVR is link to the study permit
just be careful
it is better call 1 888 242 2100.
you and I are not immigration officer
The TRV was issued along with the study permit but is not linked to it. Speaking with the IRCC Call Centre is pointless; they are poorly trained and are NOT immigration officers. If you don't believe me, call CBSA.

you are wrong
he needs a new TVR because of the work permit
ask for a immigration consultant/lawyer
at entrance you must show your permit (work/study) to the border officer along with the TVR
Sigh. I am not incorrect. Advising OP to contact a consultant or lawyer is a waste. There is no such thing as a "student visa" or a "work visa", so it doesn't matter to CBSA.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
The TRV was issued along with the study permit but is not linked to it. Speaking with the IRCC Call Centre is pointless; they are poorly trained and are NOT immigration officers. If you don't believe me, call CBSA.

Sigh. I am not incorrect. Advising OP to contact a consultant or lawyer is a waste. There is no such thing as a "student visa" or a "work visa", so it doesn't matter to CBSA.
have you traveled with a work permit and TVR based on a study permit??

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

you are in a blog that belong to a consultant/lawyer
when a visa stated as a student say S and when a visa stated as a worker say W
big diference

Reactions: lossada

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
have you traveled with a work permit and TVR based on a study permit??
I have not but if you could be bothered to do a bit of research and look around the forum, you will find a multitude of threads regarding this topic full of people who have done exactly this. You could also look through the IRCC website and IRPA, where you will find nothing stating what you claim.

you are in a blog that belong to a consultant/lawyer
when a visa stated as a student say S and when a visa stated as a worker say W
big diference
This is a public forum, not a blog. David Cohen's firm hosts the forum but they do not actually contribute beyond moderating. If you want their advice, you need to pay.

No, not a big difference.

vaas2018

Oct 13, 2018
I have not but if you could be bothered to do a bit of research and look around the forum, you will find a multitude of threads regarding this topic full of people who have done exactly this. You could also look through the IRCC website and IRPA, where you will find nothing stating what you claim.

This is a public forum, not a blog. David Cohen's firm hosts the forum but they do not actually contribute beyond moderating. If you want their advice, you need to pay.

No, not a big difference.
Thank you @canuck_in_uk
any TRV must be valid if it not expired and Work Permit should be valid.
These are the closest official references found:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=22
  • Foreign students and workers who applied for a visitor visa in Canada since July 2021 may get a V-1 visitor visa.
  • You can use your V-1 visa to leave and re-enter Canada – the same way you would use your S-1 or W-1 visa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/final-decisions.html
If there is a pre-existing TRV (e.g., V-1 or B-1) valid for a period longer than the period of the study permit, it is not necessary to affix a second counterfoil to the passport with the coding S-1. Visas should be issued for multiple entries, and be valid for the same period as the study permit or the passport, whichever is shorter (unless otherwise specified in the IC 2 chapter).