+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travelling with Valid work permit(PGWPP) but study Visa.

confuseddude

Sep 2, 2017
Hi,

I am travelling with a valid work permit but visa is not renewed to temp work status, Is this a problem ?

also if yes, can apply for TRV with work permit(PGWPP) or travel with my TRV issued as student ?

I am not eligible for for eTA :(

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi,

I am travelling with a valid work permit but visa is not renewed to temp work status, Is this a problem ?

also if yes, can apply for TRV with work permit(PGWPP) or travel with my TRV issued as student ?

you must apply for TRV with work permit(PGWPP)

Reactions: lossada

confuseddude

Sep 2, 2017
but I am travelling next thursday, which is too short to get TRV in canada.

So just wanted to know if i can apply for TRV outside canada for work permit issued from PGWPP.

Rohitbisla

Sep 1, 2017
Hi,

Whats your IELTS SCORE
PLEASE TELL

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Hi

If your TRV is still valid, you can travel on it without issue. You do not need to change it.

confuseddude

Sep 2, 2017
Hi

If your TRV is still valid, you can travel on it without issue. You do not need to change it.
but my TRV was issued as student, and I have graduated, hence its no longer valid.

Emailed to Candian Embassy in Bangalore and confirmed they can issue new TRV too. (copy of their text below.)

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Bengaluru.

If your Work Permit is still valid but your re-entry temporary resident visa (TRV) for Canada has expired, you have two options:

If you are outside of Canada: You can apply at the nearest Canadian Visa Office for a TRV to return to Canada. In India, you can submit your TRV application to any VFS Canada Visa Application Centre (see this website for locations: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/).

If you are inside Canada: If you are currently a lawful temporary resident of Canada holding a valid study permit or work permit, and you need to obtain a new temporary resident visa (TRV) counterfoil (the visa affixed in your passport), you may now apply in Canada for a new TRV. We encourage you to apply for a multiple entry TRV to enable you to travel as needed during your stay in Canada.

You may apply for a single- or multiple-entry TRV. A multiple-entry TRV will normally be issued with the same validity as your Work Permit, or your passport, whichever expires earlier. Please be sure to enclose a copy of your valid Work Permit with your TRV application.

If you are inside Canada: If you are currently a lawful temporary resident of Canada holding a valid study permit or work permit, and you need to obtain a new temporary resident visa (TRV) counterfoil (the visa affixed in your passport), you may now apply in Canada for a new TRV. We encourage you to apply for a multiple entry TRV to enable you to travel as needed during your stay in Canada.

You may apply for a single- or multiple-entry TRV. A multiple-entry TRV will normally be issued with the same validity as your Work Permit, or your passport, whichever expires earlier. Please be sure to enclose a copy of your valid Work Permit with your TRV application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
but my TRV was issued as student, and I have graduated, hence its no longer valid.

Emailed to Candian Embassy in Bangalore and confirmed they can issue new TRV too. (copy of their text below.)

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Consulate General of Canada in Bengaluru.

If your Work Permit is still valid but your re-entry temporary resident visa (TRV) for Canada has expired, you have two options:

If you are outside of Canada: You can apply at the nearest Canadian Visa Office for a TRV to return to Canada. In India, you can submit your TRV application to any VFS Canada Visa Application Centre (see this website for locations: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/).

A TRV is a TRV. It doesn't matter if it was issued to you as a visitor, student or worker. If it is multiple entry and not expired, it is still valid.

Reactions: vaas2018

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
??

Careful about what? OP has nothing to worry about and can continue to use their valid TRV until it expires.

You posted a link to a question for visa-exempt people, which has NOTHING to do with OP's situation.

I suggest you be careful with what you post.
TVR is link to the study permit
just be careful
it is better call 1 888 242 2100.
you and I are not immigration officer

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi,

You need a new TVR because you have a work permit