+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling with our second son not having PRC

N

May 6, 2012
Hi Leon

I together with my wife and our first son landed in Canada in 2007 and left soon after 10 days - a typical story.

We had our second son born in Jan 2008 outside Canada so he does not have a Canadian visa status. he had a medical / surgical problem at time of birth which kept us busy. We did get his one year visit visa when he was two but unfortunately couldnt travel to Canada at that time. Now he is about 4 years of age. He has a valid US visit visa so do the rest three of us.

We are now planning to finally move to Canada before the PRCs expire in Aug 2012. I

QUESTIONS

1) can all four of us travel into canada via niagra land boarder. Is there a hope to get an emergency arrival visa for the yonger son there. I heard about some new order where they have stopped entertaining the emergency visa requests?

2) if above is not advisable should three PRC holders travel to canada first. understand that this could be luck if the IO does not check the previous travel history. I have renewed passports so won't be carrying the old ones. Can I sponsor the second child once i am there in Canada but when my own PR is expiring in Aug 2012? Lastly any idea about the processing time for this since I would not be having a job immediately after arrival in Canada?

Much appreciate advise on the above.

regards,
N