+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling with landing paper?

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
The CIC processing time for the new PR card is getting longer and longer, I lost hope.

I have my vacation booked already.... I wonder if I can fly from Canada to China, and return from China to States/Seattle (I have valid visa) then have a friend to pick me up from the airport and drive back to Canada with my landing paper...

Has anyone in here done that? Will I encounter any issue? If it doesn't work then I need to cancel my flight......

???

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
lamamyan said:
The CIC processing time for the new PR card is getting longer and longer, I lost hope.

I have my vacation booked already.... I wonder if I can fly from Canada to China, and return from China to States/Seattle (I have valid visa) then have a friend to pick me up from the airport and drive back to Canada with my landing paper...

Has anyone in here done that? Will I encounter any issue? If it doesn't work then I need to cancel my flight......

???
Not a problem. You wouldn't be a first person who did it that way.

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
Thank you for your reply! :D

would the officer question why I fly from Canada and come back with a car?

Does the car have to be under my name?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
lamamyan said:
would the officer question why I fly from Canada and come back with a car?

Does the car have to be under my name?
If they do ask about it, then I guess... tell them? There's no reason to hide it.

The car doesn't have to belong to your friend, for example it could be a rental car.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
LPS said:
If they do ask about it, then I guess... tell them? There's no reason to hide it.

The car doesn't have to belong to your friend, for example it could be a rental car.
Second that.

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
cant you just fly back to Canada & land at the airport using your COPR? why do u need the Canadian visa to come back?

we are in the same boat & we haven't received out PPR yet, but we might need to travel soon so we are thinking if we recived it before we left we will land coming back at the airport, any thoughts?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
CECapplicantXX said:
cant you just fly back to Canada & land at the airport using your COPR? why do u need the Canadian visa to come back?

we are in the same boat & we haven't received out PPR yet, but we might need to travel soon so we are thinking if we recived it before we left we will land coming back at the airport, any thoughts?
OP has already completed the landing and is waiting for the PR card.

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
iam_toby said:
OP has already completed the landing and is waiting for the PR card.
Thanks Toby for clarifying .. but in our case will it be ok to leave Canada & land coming back via air?

orgchem

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
22-12-2013
CECapplicantXX said:
Thanks Toby for clarifying .. but in our case will it be ok to leave Canada & land coming back via air?
If you leave before your landing, then you can land with your COPR and passport via air. After landing, you must have your PR card for traveling.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
CECapplicantXX said:
For sure! Just make sure that the CoPR is still valid by the time you plan to complete the landing.

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
How accurate is the CIC PR card processing time? It's becoming longer and longer..... What's happening there....

Thanks for all support and replies, gurus! :D

Mona1990

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Hey guys,
Please help. I am planning to land this week. After that i am planning to visit to my home country. Do i have to wait until i get my PR card or i can travel to my home country after landing. I do have multiple entry visa. I am not too sure if i can get my PR by next month.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Mona1990 said:
Hey guys,
Please help. I am planning to land this week. After that i am planning to visit to my home country. Do i have to wait until i get my PR card or i can travel to my home country after landing. I do have multiple entry visa. I am not too sure if i can get my PR by next month.
You can travel to your home country, but for returning to Canada you'll need a travel document. All kind of visas are void by landing. That's why you need either PR card or a travel document in order to enter Canada when you travel after landing. You can use your COPR for returning to Canada by a private car from the US though.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
(If you plan to return to Canada in a commercial vehicle — such as a plane, train, boat or bus — you must apply for a travel document at a visa office outside Canada before you return to Canada).