+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling with expired medicals

t.135

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021
mostly with expired medicals r denied to board flight...however i heard of only one case who was able to enter even with expired medical...i dont know how

jithinjohn323

Jul 12, 2020
Can someone here confirm if they travelled recently with expired medicals?
Yes I do . Travelled on 8th April with expired medical . Nobody asked for my medical in immigration . I got my study permit as of my visa stamp . I do know a friend of mine also travelled same as I . He also had no problems in immigration

sidharthav

Oct 4, 2020
It has been updated in the official source now that you need to have a valid medical exam on the day of landing in Canada. Immigration officers have also become very strict. Anyways, thanks for your help guys

k.a.

Apr 10, 2021
It has been updated in the official source now that you need to have a valid medical exam on the day of landing in Canada. Immigration officers have also become very strict. Anyways, thanks for your help guys
Does this apply to students whose medicals were extended by the IRCC?

My case-
Term - Fall 2021
7th Feb - applied for visa
14th Feb - medical passed
24th Feb - medical expired; same day status changed to medical not required
14th April - medical passed
15th April - received ppr

As seen, I wasnt requested a new medical, but ircc probably extended my medicals and only then issued a ppr

Do I also have to get a new medical done to be eligible for travel for fall 2021 term? Or will I gave the same issue (invalid counterfoil)?

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Does this apply to students whose medicals were extended by the IRCC?

My case-
Term - Fall 2021
7th Feb - applied for visa
14th Feb - medical passed
24th Feb - medical expired; same day status changed to medical not required
14th April - medical passed
15th April - received ppr

As seen, I wasnt requested a new medical, but ircc probably extended my medicals and only then issued a ppr

Do I also have to get a new medical done to be eligible for travel for fall 2021 term? Or will I gave the same issue (invalid counterfoil)?
we need to check gc key for this counterfoil status, better to do medical if possible.