Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
April 2014
hi there,

I am planning for a vacation in the month of May to Bahamas via US for one week, my pr card is expiring on August 9 2015, i am going to apply for the renewal on the month of April 2015. Will there be any issues in entering Canada back, do i need to have 6 month of valid PR card to travel. can anyone advice me with this...

thanks
havs

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
havs said:
hi there,

I am planning for a vacation in the month of May to Bahamas via US for one week, my pr card is expiring on August 9 2015, i am going to apply for the renewal on the month of April 2015. Will there be any issues in entering Canada back, do i need to have 6 month of valid PR card to travel. can anyone advice me with this...

thanks
havs
So long as you have been in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation, there should be no problems using a still valid PR card for a return trip to Canada in May or June.

PR card is only a Travel Document for travel to Canada (the rest of your trip, including entry into U.S. on return leg of the trip, will depend on whatever other Travel Document you have, such as your passport). Validity date on the PR card is largely irrelevant except for the purpose of boarding commercial transportation destined for Canada, and all it needs to be for that is simply valid on the date of travel.