+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling while waiting for PR card - Etobicoke office (Non PRTD or US visa routes)

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Hi Guys.

It seems that the new PR card is taking too long to be received from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on April 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

Now my question is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Please if someone can share their thoughts or know someone who has recently travelled like this? I don't want to go with the PRTD route from my home country, nor I have a US visit visa.

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys.

It seems that the new PR card is taking too long to be received from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on April 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

Now my question is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Please if someone can share their thoughts or know someone who has recently travelled like this? I don't want to go with the PRTD route from my home country, nor I have a US visit visa.

Thank you in advance.
Work permits (and TRVs) are typically automatically canceled once you have become a PR and show as invalid if you try to use them to board a plane. This is why the PRTD or valid PR card is required.

Your options are to: (1) Get a PRTD; (2) Have someone send you your PR card via courier from Canada once it's available so that you can use this to return; (3) Travel via the US and enter Canada by land (of course this requires a US visa).

DivyaSree

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
Work permits (and TRVs) are typically automatically canceled once you have become a PR and show as invalid if you try to use them to board a plane. This is why the PRTD or valid PR card is required.

Your options are to: (1) Get a PRTD; (2) Have someone send you your PR card via courier from Canada once it's available so that you can use this to return; (3) Travel via the US and enter Canada by land (of course this requires a US visa).
But do we require to have 730 days min in Canada with PR to be accepted for a PRTD?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But do we require to have 730 days min in Canada with PR to be accepted for a PRTD?
Not if you have only recently landed and become a PR.

DivyaSree

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
Hi Guys.

Thank you in advance.
Did you receive the PR card ?

rodymanners

Aug 11, 2021
Hi Guys.

Now my question snaptube vidmate is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Thank you in advance.
I once got to Canada with a tourist visa , I wanted to make a situation right there like a job or something I didn't succeed since I don't have that much english and people to talk to

Last edited: