+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling while applying

rumburak

Apr 25, 2021
Hey, I'd like to ask if it is possible to travel while applying for the Express Entry. I heard you have to stay in your home country while doing all of it, but I can't seem to find any official information regarding this matter. Thanks

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon I'm interested in this as well. I'm a US resident and citizen but planning to be out of country for 3 months in the next few months. Any potential issues? And to ask on behalf of others in this thread, if theyre from a non-visa-exempt country will it impact their PPR process?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey, I'd like to ask if it is possible to travel while applying for the Express Entry. I heard you have to stay in your home country while doing all of it, but I can't seem to find any official information regarding this matter. Thanks
@legalfalcon I'm interested in this as well. I'm a US resident and citizen but planning to be out of country for 3 months in the next few months. Any potential issues? And to ask on behalf of others in this thread, if theyre from a non-visa-exempt country will it impact their PPR process?

There is no such rule that you cannot travel after you submit your application. You can travel to any place you want. The processing of your PR application has nothing to do with your travel as long as you make sure that the day you submit your application, all your travel history and personal history is updated.

IRCC cannot refrain you from travelling to any country .

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
There is no such rule that you cannot travel after you submit your application. You can travel to any place you want. The processing of your PR application has nothing to do with your travel as long as you make sure that the day you submit your application, all your travel history and personal history is updated.

IRCC cannot refrain you from travelling to any country .
@legalfalcon I am an Indian living in the US on H1b. I believe I will need PPR before I can travel to Canada. My application was approved 8 months ago as per GCMS notes and I have been waiting since then. I am planning to travel to India for a couple of months. I am afraid IRCC is going to ask for my passport while I'm traveling and I may not be able to submit it since they give a hard deadline of 30days.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I am an Indian living in the US on H1b. I believe I will need PPR before I can travel to Canada. My application was approved 8 months ago as per GCMS notes and I have been waiting since then. I am planning to travel to India for a couple of months. I am afraid IRCC is going to ask for my passport while I'm traveling and I may not be able to submit it since they give a hard deadline of 30days.
If permanently relocating to India, you can change your address with IRCC and when the PPR request is sent, you will be asked to submit your passport at NDVO.

If you are visiting India for a short duration, and while your are in India, if you receive PPR, you have two options.

1. Request IRCC to change your VO to India, and a new PPR with instructions to submit your request at NDVO will be sent. But you should only exercise this of you will be residing in India for at least 3-4 months.

2. Seek an extension to submit your passport.

avinashn

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
If permanently relocating to India, you can change your address with IRCC and when the PPR request is sent, you will be asked to submit your passport at NDVO.

If you are visiting India for a short duration, and while your are in India, if you receive PPR, you have two options.

1. Request IRCC to change your VO to India, and a new PPR with instructions to submit your request at NDVO will be sent. But you should only exercise this of you will be residing in India for at least 3-4 months.

2. Seek an extension to submit your passport.
Thank you @legalfalcon I may request to extend the passport submission for a month or two. I was not sure if that is possible.