+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to USA 3 days a week on B1/B2 visa

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hello,

I recently became a Canadian PR and will be moving from Michigan to Windsor soon. I also received an offer from the Canadian Business Unit of my current employer however they require me to travel to their office location and client locations in the Michigan area 2-3 days/week. My payroll, salary, benefits will all be handled by the Canadian employers however I will need to travel to the US regularly.

My U.S F-1 student visa expires soon so I will need to apply for a b1/b2 visa to travel to the U.S for business. Do you think being a new PR and travelling to the U.S almost 3 times a week will be an issue? Will there be issues getting a b1/b2 visa in the first place? My Canadian Employer will help prepare all the documents for the b1/b2 visa.

Anyone travelling to the U.S regularly on b1/b2 after becoming a new PR?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Shouldn’t be an issue for Canada but you never know with the US. Hard to compare to others unless they have the exact same background as you.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Getting B1/B2 shortly after becoming PR can be tricky because you don't have an 'established' residence in Canada.
Even if/after you get the Visa, border agents will be suspicious if you are visiting the US very frequently. B1/B2 is to be used for attending business meetings etc. and not for 'working'. The distinction is up to the border agent's discretion and Windsor/Detroit agents are known to be very strict in their interpretation.