+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to US without PR Card

spooya

Apr 11, 2014
Hi all,

I'll land next week and according to CIC it'll take 90 days to get my new PR card.

I have two questions:
1. Can anyone confirm that new PR's can easily travel to US on their own private vehicles and return using the confirmation of landing or CoPR?
2. I have already paid for my tickets and hotel. Can I request urgent processing or is it only for PR card renewal.

Thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
spooya said:
Hi all,

I'll land next week and according to CIC it'll take 90 days to get my new PR card.

I have two questions:
1. Can anyone confirm that new PR's can easily travel to US on their own private vehicles and return using the confirmation of landing or CoPR?
2. I have already paid for my tickets and hotel. Can I request urgent processing or is it only for PR card renewal.

Thanks
Ok, first of all, you haven't completed the landing yet - why don't you just wait until after your vacation?
Think about that, that way you can travel without issues and complete the landing on the way back.

Have your mind set on landing next week? Then yes, you can enter Canada at a land crossing using the CPR in a private vehicle. And no,
urgent processing for the first PR card is not an option.