+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to home country after AOR

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi All,

I am an inland CEC applicant. I will be submitting my profile in a couple of days and hoping to get AOR soon after.
I have to travel back to my home country(India) to take care of some personal matters. I will be traveling about ten days after the AOR. I will be staying there for a month and returning back to Canda as my work visa is still valid until the end of September 2019.
1. Do you guys foresee any problems with my travel plans? According to the below link, it is perfectly fine to do so, as long as you have valid documents to return back to Canada -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

2. Can I (and Should I) get my criminality record check with RCMP before I leave, just in case I get asked for it after the medicals are passed (As far as I know CIC will search the Canadian criminal records by your name and DOB and if something turns up because some criminal has the same name and DOB then they will ask you to get the criminal record check from RCMP) ?

Please share your opinions. Stressed out because I can not cancel this trip back to India.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am an inland CEC applicant. I will be submitting my profile in a couple of days and hoping to get AOR soon after.
Do you mean, ITA? (You only get an AOR after submitting a complete eAPR).
Or do you mean, you will be submitting your eAPR?

1. Do you guys foresee any problems with my travel plans?
No.

2. Can I (and Should I) get my criminality record check with RCMP before I leave.
Not required. Even if you mean you are submitting your eAPR (not profile), you should be back to Canada in time, if IRCC happens to request it.

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
I meant that I will be submitting eAPR (in fact I already submitted it last week on Thursday, paid the fees and got the acknowledgment of receipt)

Boraey

Nov 19, 2020
Hi All,

I have to travel back to my home country(India) to take care of some personal matters. I will be traveling about ten days after the AOR. I will be staying there for a month and returning back to Canda as my work visa is still valid until the end of September 2019.
1. Do you guys foresee any problems with my travel plans? According to the below link, it is perfectly fine to do so, as long as you have valid documents to return back to Canada -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

2. Can I (and Should I) get my criminality record check with RCMP before I leave, just in case I get asked for it after the medicals are passed (As far as I know CIC will search the Canadian criminal records by your name and DOB and if something turns up because some criminal has the same name and DOB then they will ask you to get the criminal record check from RCMP) ?

Please share your opinions. Stressed out because I can not cancel this trip back to India.
Hi,
What have you done as I am stuck at this point and I don't know weather I can go to my home country or not?

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi,
What have you done as I am stuck at this point and I don't know whether I can go to my home country or not?
Really sorry for not replying sooner.. for some reason I did not get notification from the forum on my email. I will leave my comment here for anyone else in a similar situation and looking to get advice.
I did travel to my home country after getting my AOR and had no trouble getting back into Canada because I had a valid Work-visa and valid work permit.
I did get my criminal record check done from RCMP before leaving (just in case I ended up needing it) but the IRCC did not ask for it at any point during the processing of my PR application so in the end, it turned out to be a waste of time and resource but yeah I got it just for peace of mind.