+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada from other country after receiving COPR

Shruthishan

Feb 12, 2020
I have received my copr and visa in India. I am likely to travel to UK for a year. Can I travel to Canada from UK using the Visa issued in India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have received my copr and visa in India. I am likely to travel to UK for a year. Can I travel to Canada from UK using the Visa issued in India.
You have to land in Canada by a certain date. Have you looked at the expiry date on your COPR? If you don’t land before that date your COPR expires and you can no longer land and get PRstatus.

Shruthishan

Feb 12, 2020
You have to land in Canada by a certain date. Have you looked at the expiry date on your COPR? If you don’t land before that date your COPR expires and you can no longer land and get PRstatus.
Ya the expiry date is on oct I will be travelling to UK by May and I am planning to go to Canada by July or August but my only doubt was can I use the Canada visa issued in India to travel from UK to Canada

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Ya the expiry date is on oct I will be travelling to UK by May and I am planning to go to Canada by July or August but my only doubt was can I use the Canada visa issued in India to travel from UK to Canada
Of course, that's how Visas work. The origin is not relevant but the destination

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have a UK visa? You can travel through the UK if you are coming to Canada but that’s not what you are doing.