+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada during Covid 19

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hey guys,

So I was able to travel to Canada without any issues. I was approved for a LMIA exempt work permit, which is for the Francophone Mobility Program (C16). I just wanted to share a few details with you on my journey:
  1. Make sure you have all the required documents printed with you. For example: letter of introduction, work contract, confirmation of employment as well, etc...
  2. Try to download the application and fill out the ArriveCan form. It will save you some time.
  3. I had a layover in Brussels and was on the flight from Brussels to Montréal. Air Canada did check again my paperwork before letting me board even though my country of residence had already issued me with all my boarding pass. I have seen people who were refused boarding unfortunately due to the lack of documents while having their layover in Brussels.
  4. Make sure to have your quarantine plan ready and if necessary print out documents such as Airbnb booking confirmation.
  5. Lastly, just be honest and do not lie to officers arriving in Canada. While the officer was printing out my work permit, two people were refused entry. One of them lied saying he was going to see his fiancée and the officer called the lady who denied and said the man was just her boyfriend. He was denied entry and put on another flight. So make sure you are exempt before buying a ticket otherwise you will just be put on the next flight the same day back to your country of residence. good luck everyone!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hey guys,

So I was able to travel to Canada without any issues. I was approved for a LMIA exempt work permit, which is for the Francophone Mobility Program (C16). I just wanted to share a few details with you on my journey:
  1. Make sure you have all the required documents printed with you. For example: letter of introduction, work contract, confirmation of employment as well, etc...
  2. Try to download the application and fill out the ArriveCan form. It will save you some time.
  3. I had a layover in Brussels and was on the flight from Brussels to Montréal. Air Canada did check again my paperwork before letting me board even though my country of residence had already issued me with all my boarding pass. I have seen people who were refused boarding unfortunately due to the lack of documents while having their layover in Brussels.
  4. Make sure to have your quarantine plan ready and if necessary print out documents such as Airbnb booking confirmation.
  5. Lastly, just be honest and do not lie to officers arriving in Canada. While the officer was printing out my work permit, two people were refused entry. One of them lied saying he was going to see his fiancée and the officer called the lady who denied and said the man was just her boyfriend. He was denied entry and put on another flight. So make sure you are exempt before buying a ticket otherwise you will just be put on the next flight the same day back to your country of residence. good luck everyone!
Really good info, thanks. Especially the bits about people getting denied because they lied!

Reactions: AfricanGiant912