Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
I need help maybe if you know more better.

As you know, I received my permanent resident visa stamped on August 2012 and landed in Oct 2012. I got Permanent resident card on Dec 2012.

Now I feel want to meet my family in Pakistan and will stay there for 5-6 weeks then return back to Canada. My husband is Canadian citizenship and I have PR card. If I want to go to Pakistan with my husband, does it will effect my PR status?

If not effect, what important documents do I will bring?

I don't understand, can you please help. I don't want more problem for my PR status before applying for citizenship after 3-5 years.

Jun 18, 2014
If you have your PR card you are allowed to leave Canada and enter any time you want, with your husband or without your husband, I know this for a fact because I'm also a foreigner married to a Canadian.

What you cannot do is to leave Canada WHILE in the process to obtain the PR card, I also know this for a fact because I took almost 3 years to be able to visit my family in my home country because I didn't have my PR card, once I got my PR card I applied for my health card and I'm treated as a Canadian, you mention you are from Pakistan, I don't know if that makes difference, what I know is that if you are a Permanent resident you should be allowed to go anywhere with your husband or by yourself because your home now is Canada. I was visiting my parents over Christmas and on the way back I entered Canada normally and they didn't even ask anything once they saw my PR Card.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
As long as you have been in Canada for 2 of the last 5 years when you apply to renew your PR card.

Time outside Canada counts toward the quota of 2 years IF you are with your Canadian spouse during this time abroad -- so make sure to keep stubs from airline tickets to show you were together.