+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling outside Canada while PR application in process

UD.THE.ONE

Apr 16, 2019
Hi all,

I submitted my PR application in Feb. 2019 under CEC express entry from within Canada. In medical tests, I was diagnosed with Tuberculosis for which I am getting treatment in Canada itself.

Full treatment will finish in October 2019. I am assuming decision on my application will be made only after I finish my treatment as original date of final decision has already passed.

My Work permit is expiring on August 12, 2019 and I have applied for Bridging open work permit on July 31, 2019.

I have to travel to India in October End for my marriage in November. My spouse is already PR holder.

Can somebody help me regarding my options in this situation as I won't be able to return to Canada because I will lose implied status.

What will happen to my PR application? Will I have to submit fresh application from India and wait for another 6 months or can I just send my Passport to Visa office in India when passport request is sent.

Please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will partially depend on whether the TB is cured. You will likely have to go through sputum testing again so not ideal that you are leaving.

UD.THE.ONE

Apr 16, 2019
I visit Doctor every month for check up and medicines are working fine. My X-ray have improved a lot. I already gave sputum in my last visit in july so that they have the result by October. Most probably TB will be cured and I'll get course completion certificate in October.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I visit Doctor every month for check up and medicines are working fine. My X-ray have improved a lot. I already gave sputum in my last visit in july so that they have the result by October. Most probably TB will be cured and I'll get course completion certificate in October.
If TB not cleared in this sputum test you'll likely need to do another sputum test to prove that TB is gone. Current sputum test is likely just to verify that treatment is being effective.

UD.THE.ONE

Apr 16, 2019
If TB not cleared in this sputum test you'll likely need to do another sputum test to prove that TB is gone. Current sputum test is likely just to verify that treatment is being effective.
Lets just assume TB is cured. Would I be able to travel ?