+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling on Study Permit

subashk120788

Aug 22, 2017
Hi,
I am planning to travel to my home country next month. I have study permit until December. However my 2nd year program is starting from sep 11 and i am planning to apply for my study permit extension before i leave.

Will i be denied entry inside Canada when i come back?

Thanks,

John.

Aug 29, 2017
Your permit is valid till Dec. I don't see any reason why you would have any issue of reentering the country before Dec (though you should come back before school starts).

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Your permit is valid till Dec. I don't see any reason why you would have any issue of reentering the country before Dec (though you should come back before school starts).
Assuming of course the OP unless visa exempt still has a valid TRV as well as the study permit.

subashk120788

Aug 22, 2017
Thanks for the reply, but my course is starting on sep 11 and i am travelling on sep 15, will that be a problem when i come back? More over will the officer ask me why have i travelled as my course has already started?

John.

Aug 29, 2017
Thanks for the reply, but my course is starting on sep 11 and i am travelling on sep 15, will that be a problem when i come back? More over will the officer ask me why have i travelled as my course has already started?
Yes, you will have to explain that. I think you'll have to talk to your school about why are you missing your classes, maybe have them to issue a letter agreeing with your leave.

subashk120788

Aug 22, 2017
Is there any other option apart from getting the letter because if the college is not ready to provide me a letter what is the next best option?

John.

Aug 29, 2017
Is there any other option apart from getting the letter because if the college is not ready to provide me a letter what is the next best option?
Well, ideally, you must have a good reason to leave the country after your school starts. Its upto you to convince the border officer.

Smawish

May 19, 2017
hello everyone i have received yesterday an email

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 30 Aug 2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

please anyone can tell me is it approved ?

John.

Aug 29, 2017
hello everyone i have received yesterday an email

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 30 Aug 2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.

please anyone can tell me is it approved ?
Nope, you can only know when you received the package and open it.