+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling from India to do the Landing. Please provide inputs

mango2404

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hi All.

Me and my spouse are planning to travel to Canada from India on June 30th. I am landing at the Toronto Pearson Airport.

Could anyone please guide me with the documents required for completing the landing formalities.

My company in India has offered me a position to work in Toronto Location. They have provided me with the Secondment letter for the same which contains the compensation details as well. Apart from that we both have travel cards . Is this sufficient to show funds to the officer?

Thank you in Advance. Appreciate any responses.

siroccoon

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-05-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Congrats first!

You only need the below

1. Passports
2. COPR
3. List of things you are bringing into Canada (no duty or tax for the items); in case if you are planning to bring any items later you have to declare them as well
4. Keep a local address handy so that CIC can ship out PR cards, you can also call them later once you settle down but keep in mind the processing time of PR cards

Ashruminates

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application (Score 8.0)
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
N\A (Upfront)
Med's Done....
18-02-2015
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
mango2404 said:
Hi All.

Me and my spouse are planning to travel to Canada from India on June 30th. I am landing at the Toronto Pearson Airport.

Could anyone please guide me with the documents required for completing the landing formalities.

My company in India has offered me a position to work in Toronto Location. They have provided me with the Secondment letter for the same which contains the compensation details as well. Apart from that we both have travel cards . Is this sufficient to show funds to the officer?

Thank you in Advance. Appreciate any responses.
Secondment Letter tells me which company you are working for. :) :) I am working for the same company as well :) :). I am also planning to land in Toronto around the first week of august for a project. My question to you is...are you landing as a local hire of Canada or as an expat... just like you would hve if u were on a work permit.. My Manager told me that i would travel as an expat and then after joining there.. will have to transfer as a local hire.