+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling Back to India without PR card

prash_1985

Jun 19, 2016
Hi All,

I wanted to know if we can travel back to India without PR card.

My main concern is, that I got to know we cannot travel through Amsterdam or London without a Vaild Canadian VISA or PR card. (This is just with stop over of 2 hours to 3 hours for connecting flight).

Can someone please advise if this is true and if there is any other way I can travel back to India without ticket costing me more and also less travel time ?

Thanks,
Prash :)

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Normally Transit countries look for documents or passports or visas of destination country not source country. If you dont have any documentation either way then they shouldnt allow you to board in canada itself

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Technically valid Canada visa or PR card required to transit via Europe airports. But generally no body checks Canada visa while going to India. My family traveled via Frankfurt to India without PR card, but nobody checked Canada visa. If you want to be 100% safe, travel via gulf countries like Dubai or Qatar.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I exactly know what your question is since i was in a similar situation in 2008. Since you are going to India means India is your destination and supposing you have a valid Indian passport, that should do. I have heard some issues with extremely long layovers in London but Amsterdam should be perfectly fine. I am guessing that you are either flying Jet Airways, KLM or Air Canada. Either of these offer reasonable layover periods so you should be all set.