Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
Dear All,

I applied for citizenship in March'2018 and hoping for an interview call anytime soon. I am also planning to travel back-home in near future. Just curious what if I am outside Canada and get an interview call. I have heard they give just two week notice.

Please advise. Thanks.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Dear All,

I applied for citizenship in March'2018 and hoping for an interview call anytime soon. I am also planning to travel back-home in near future. Just curious what if I am outside Canada and get an interview call. I have heard they give just two week notice.

Please advise. Thanks.
Fly back and take your test. It’s worth spending an extra bill.

If you don’t want to take your test then you could ignore their invite.

Send a webform to make them aware of your thoughts/ travel plans/ and anything else you’d like to include.

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Dear All,

Please advise. Thanks.
I am on the same boat as you. March 2018 applicant. I may have to travel to India for work in Dec. Hope something moves before that, I guess we need travel proof aka air ticket to submit the web form? do you know? or would they take our word for it?

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Fly back and take your test. It’s worth spending an extra bill.

If you don’t want to take your test then you could ignore their invite.

Send a webform to make them aware of your thoughts/ travel plans/ and anything else you’d like to include.
Hi Jayson,
Webform - Do I need to submit it now, letting them know about my travel plan or after the interview/test call.
I don't think it makes sense letting them know in advance of your travel plan.So, if I submit it after the test call, can I suggest them next test date that they should be assigning to me or its their choice. If its their choice, roughly how far back in the que can they put me, any idea !

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Jayson,
Webform - Do I need to submit it now, letting them know about my travel plan or after the interview/test call.
I don't think it makes sense letting them know in advance of your travel plan.So, if I submit it after the test call, can I suggest them next test date that they should be assigning to me or its their choice. If its their choice, roughly how far back in the que can they put me, any idea !
Yeah send the webform after the invite; along with your Itinerary, if you have one to support your request. They’ll choose the next date for you. How far back in the game; that depends on the case officer and the applicants playing this game.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yeah send the webform after the invite; along with your Itinerary, if you have one to support your request. They’ll choose the next date for you. How far back in the game; that depends on the case officer and the applicants playing this game.
Hey, pardon my ignorance ! what's webform ?
Another question - my son was under 18 when we applied but now is 18. Will he have to take the test !

Thanks

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hey, pardon my ignorance ! what's webform ?
Another question - my son was under 18 when we applied but now is 18. Will he have to take the test !

Thanks
Webform is used for updating info and asking questions relevant to your application. No, I don’t think he’ll have to take the test, but I am confident if he starts rehearsing for the test; he would do well.

Please read below and I quote:

Source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/minors.html

• To apply, a minor must be less than 18 years old on the day the application is signed. If an applicant turns 18 during the processing of the application, the applicant is still assessed against the requirements for a grant of citizenship as a minor.
  • A citizenship officer must refer a file to the Case Management Branch (CMB) when a request to waive the requirement to take the Oath of Citizenship under subsection 5(3) for a minor 14 to 17 years of age inclusive is made. See the instructions on waivers.
  • A citizenship officer must refer a file to the CMB when a request that citizenship be granted for special cases under subsection 5(4) of the Act is made.
Good luck and god bless.