AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot reenter Canada by air without a PR card. You need to wait for the PR card or have a valid Canadian visa in your passport. I'm not sure what the case is for people who are from visa exempt countries.

If youre driving into canada from the US I believe it is possible to just use your COPR document. You can call CIC and check.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
AM198 said:
You cannot reenter Canada by air without a PR card. You need to wait for the PR card or have a valid Canadian visa in your passport. I'm not sure what the case is for people who are from visa exempt countries.

If youre driving into canada from the US I believe it is possible to just use your COPR document. You can call CIC and check.
You are right, You cannot travel by air without the PR card, but can travel by road, your COPR is enough.

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Before PR card and landing, you can go outside Canada and can come back without PR Card for landing purpose only (within 1 year validity of immigration visa).

Once you are landed, you can not enter Canada without PR Card.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reborncs1 said:
Does anyone know how we can travel after landing as a PR but while waiting for PR card?
reborncs1 said:
Does anyone know how we can travel after landing as a PR but while waiting for PR card?
You can apply Permanent resident travel document at the local Canadian embassy in your home country or where your travel destination in order to returning to Canada as PR.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also drive to Canada via US using your copr and passport