+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling without TRV

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My studies were over in December 2020 and I got my work permit in hand on Feb 9, 2020. I applied for work visa on the same day.
Unclear whether you'll need to show that you have a job or job offer to fly if you have a PGWP and not a WP. Do you have a home in Canada that you are returning to?

Yuv111

Feb 18, 2021
Unclear whether you'll need to show that you have a job or job offer to fly if you have a PGWP and not a WP. Do you have a home in Canada that you are returning to?
Sir, I have a PGWP. I don’t have any home here in Canada. I will be returning to the same landlords house that I live now, after government 3 days quarantine. I am also unclear about that if a receive passport request while I am in India so, can I ask ircc to give my passport in India for stamping?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sir, I have a PGWP. I don’t have any home here in Canada. I will be returning to the same landlords house that I live now, after government 3 days quarantine. I am also unclear about that if a receive passport request while I am in India so, can I ask ircc to give my passport in India for stamping?
Thanks
Are your belongings in home you are renting? Due to covid WP holders have to show job offer or job they are returning to or at least show that they have an established home/rental they are returning to. It is unclear whether PGWP is being treated like other WPs. You can request stamping be transferred to India.

Yuv111

Feb 18, 2021
Are your belongings in home you are renting? Due to covid WP holders have to show job offer or job they are returning to or at least show that they have an established home/rental they are returning to. It is unclear whether PGWP is being treated like other WPs. You can request stamping be transferred to India.
Yes, Sir my belongings will be in the same house. Will the ircc allow me to get stamped in India? I am also confused should I withdraw my application and apply it later after coming to Canada or from India.
Thanks

Sharmrad

Feb 24, 2021
Hi
So i really need help with this i have PGWP and PR application in process. I have applied for my trv on feb 16 and i need to travel to india in april for something very urgent so i want to know if i didnot get passport req until april ..can i submit my passport for trv from india or not and how long this is taking nowadays...and when i can come back as i have valid job to start my work here asap.
Please guide
Thanks

goyalmanisha009

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hi
So i really need help with this i have PGWP and PR application in process. I have applied for my trv on feb 16 and i need to travel to india in april for something very urgent so i want to know if i didnot get passport req until april ..can i submit my passport for trv from india or not and how long this is taking nowadays...and when i can come back as i have valid job to start my work here asap.
Please guide
Thanks
Hi @Sharmrad , did you get any update on your trv application?

achin06

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Hi, I have valid Work permit till Dec 2021 and I had applied for TRV. However, IRCC stamped my passport as Student TRV valid till my work permit date, instead of Worker TRV. I requested IRCC for correct stamping, but unfortunately, I had to travel to India due to family emergency. Now, they have sent me PPR, but VAC is currently closed in India. In case I cant stamp my Worker stamp on my PP, Can someone suggest if I can still travel back to Canada on valid Student TRV, once travel ban from India is revoked? My wife (who is on her own work permit) and daughter are still in Canada.
Has anyone travelled to Canada in similar situation?

achin06

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Hi, I have valid Work permit till Dec 2021 and I had applied for TRV. However, IRCC stamped my passport as Student TRV valid till my work permit date, instead of Worker TRV. I requested IRCC for correct stamping, but unfortunately, I had to travel to India due to family emergency. Now, they have sent me PPR, but VAC is currently closed in India. In case I cant stamp my Worker stamp on my PP, Can someone suggest if I can still travel back to Canada on valid Student TRV, once travel ban from India is revoked? My wife (who is on her own work permit) and daughter are still in Canada.
Has anyone travelled to Canada in similar situation?
I would appreciate if someone could confirm on this please.