+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling without TRV

Jul 26, 2018
Hi,
I got my work-permit (physical) on October 8th and applied for my TRV on the same day. Due to an emergency I have to travel to my home country for a month (November 10th to December 10,2020). According to ircc I may not get my TRV by that time and my student visa stamping is valid until December 31,2020.

So can I travel to India and come back to Canada by December 15, 2020?

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,
I got my work-permit (physical) on October 8th and applied for my TRV on the same day. Due to an emergency I have to travel to my home country for a month (November 10th to December 10,2020). According to ircc I may not get my TRV by that time and my student visa stamping is valid until December 31,2020.

You wouldn't be able if you don't receive a TRV by then.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Hi,

If your student visa is valid and you have a work permit, you can still travel. Those that had visitor permit and a valid approved work permit were able to travel and get their work permit at POE

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Yes but the OP does not have a TRV which is needed for travel, a study permit is not a travel document.

Unless of course by student visa the OP is misrepresenting the fact they have a TRV that was issued with the study permit

If theye have a valid TRV they can travel if no valid TRV then they cannot
From what he wrote, he said student visa. Student visa is different from student permit, no? If he still has a student visa, he can travel. If he wrote student visa (TRV) instead of Student Permit, then he made a mistake in his original post and I agree he can't travel with just the permit without TRV.

Jul 26, 2018
From what he wrote, he said student visa. Student visa is different from student permit, no? If he still has a student visa, he can travel. If he wrote student visa (TRV) instead of Student Permit, then he made a mistake in his original post and I agree he can't travel with just the permit without TRV.
Yes I have a valid study visa (stamp in my passport) until December 31, 2020.

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
Hello,

I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process.

If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??

And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC or Mumbai VFS?

Thank you in advance.

Vishavjeet02

Feb 17, 2021
Hello,

I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process.

If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??

And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC or Mumbai VFS?

Thank you in advance.
Hi if u had any solution to this can you please share it ....I am also facing Same kind of situation right now . Thank you

ojlfc

Nov 24, 2020
Hi if u had any solution to this can you please share it ....I am also facing Same kind of situation right now . Thank you
You CANNOT travel without a TRV, that being said they won't let you board the plane.
Reason 1: Because when you applied for a TRV you might have selected within Canada, once it is approved, you have to send your passport to Ottawa for a stamp, so you can't get it stamped anywhere else.
Reason 2 : the visa offices in other countries are also slow, so you might be stuck there for 1-10 months. If you want to travel, i am afraid you'll have to withdraw your application and apply again from the country where you are because they need your passport to stamp)can't travel without one, yeno) and again bc of covid, things are slow

Yuv111

Feb 18, 2021
You CANNOT travel without a TRV, that being said they won't let you board the plane.
Reason 1: Because when you applied for a TRV you might have selected within Canada, once it is approved, you have to send your passport to Ottawa for a stamp, so you can't get it stamped anywhere else.
Reason 2 : the visa offices in other countries are also slow, so you might be stuck there for 1-10 months. If you want to travel, i am afraid you'll have to withdraw your application and apply again from the country where you are because they need your passport to stamp)can't travel without one, yeno) and again bc of covid, things are slow
Hello my case is also similar but my study visa is valid till July 2021. So can I travel back on that ?
Thank you in advance