BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Hey everyone, new to the area of CanadaVisa.
Recently just got granted PPR and am currently waiting on CoPR.
We wanted to go directly to the border the moment we get CoPR in order to flagpole and get landed status.
However, I was curious how it works traveling to and from the US (as a US citizen) without my PR card and possibly only my CoPR (which I know says on it 'not a valid form of ID). Is that just to stop people from ONLY taking CoPR when and if they travel so they know to bring their passports? Or can can I have trouble re-entering the country even though I'm:
a. from a visa exempt country
b. approved PR
c. still have a valid study permit.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
I'm in the US, but not a US citizen (h1b worker - indian passport). My PR card should arrive this week at my friends place. I plan to go to canada in Dec. Can I enter on CoPR and passport? I know you can do that if you PR card is pending, however it may be almost 1 and half month since my PR card would have arrived. I don't want to have it mailed and lost, so wanted to just go and get in Dec. Will this be an issue?

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Just bring your passport and you'll be fine. When I first moved to Canada I didn't have my physical PR card yet either and commuted across the border for work each day, only one time I was asked for my PR card or passport. I told the Canadian guard I don't have my PR card yet and I didn't have my passport (I had a Nexus pass as my ID), he said to keep my passport and COPR in my wallet or with me when crossing until I receive the card, and then he let me go with a warning. Just keep both your passport and copr and you'll be more than fine.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I'm in the US, but not a US citizen (h1b worker - indian passport). My PR card should arrive this week at my friends place. I plan to go to canada in Dec. Can I enter on CoPR and passport? I know you can do that if you PR card is pending, however it may be almost 1 and half month since my PR card would have arrived. I don't want to have it mailed and lost, so wanted to just go and get in Dec. Will this be an issue?
You can always enter by land with your passport and coPR.