+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling with work permit

arthurpono

Jan 6, 2020
Hello

I currently hold a work permit via BWP. In the past I had a work permit but I am waiting for my PR application and they issued me a new work permit because I applied to it before the expiration.

Question 1: Can I travel while I am waiting for my PR if I have a work permit if my PR application has not been approved yet or eCOPR has not been issued yet ?
Question 2: What happen if I can travel and while I am overseas my PR is approved or eCOPR issued, can i return to the Canada?
Question 3: My work permit has at the bottom the following Remark/Observations: Temporary resident status maintained as per R183(5) pending apr. If the answer above is yes, it contradicts the following clauses. (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-183.html)

Authorized period ends

(4) The period authorized for a temporary resident’s stay ends on the earliest of

• (a) the day on which the temporary resident leaves Canada without obtaining prior authorization to re-enter Canada;
  • (b) the day on which their permit becomes invalid, in the case of a temporary resident who has been issued either a work permit or a study permit;
  • (b.1) the day on which the second of their permits becomes invalid, in the case of a temporary resident who has been issued a work permit and a study permit;

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

I am currently hold a work permit via BWP. In the past I had a work permit but I am waiting for my PR application and they issued me a new work permit because I applied to a few days before the expiration.

Question 1: Can I travel while I am waiting for my PR if I have a work permit if my PR application has not been approved yet or eCOPR has not been issued yet ?
Question 2: What happen if I can travel and while I am overseas my PR is approved or eCOPR issued, can i return to the Canada?
Question 3: My work permit has at the bottom the following Remark/Observations: Temporary resident status maintained as per R183(5) pending apr. If the answer above is yes, it contradicts the following clauses. (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-183.html)

Authorized period ends

(4) The period authorized for a temporary resident’s stay ends on the earliest of

• (a) the day on which the temporary resident leaves Canada without obtaining prior authorization to re-enter Canada;
  • (b) the day on which their permit becomes invalid, in the case of a temporary resident who has been issued either a work permit or a study permit;
  • (b.1) the day on which the second of their permits becomes invalid, in the case of a temporary resident who has been issued a work permit and a study permit;
Can you confirm that you have a valid TRV? You need to be holding a valid TRV to be able to return to Canada.