+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling With eCOPR

Khush778

Feb 10, 2024
Hi, I am in the same boat, received ecopr a while ago, but PR card is not here and need to go to India urgently.
My concerns are that on my way back from India to Buffalo, will I be allowed to board without showing a return ticket or proof that I will exit USA, as I know return tickets need to be shown when entering the US with a visitor visa. I am worried that if I explain at the airport in India that I have an ecopr to continue my trip and enter Canada, they may not accept it or know that ecopr can be used, as the ecopr says not valid for travel, and I ofc would not have my card.

Has anyone successfully taken a one way flight from Mumbai or elsewhere, to US (one way), and if so, did they let you?
Was ecopr sufficient proof to show intent of leaving US?
Also wondering if its legally okay for my friend in Canada to bring my PR card to US for me, incase it arrives when I am coming back?

Thank you

ENNjoyH0

Aug 14, 2023
Hi, I am in the same boat, received ecopr a while ago, but PR card is not here and need to go to India urgently.
My concerns are that on my way back from India to Buffalo, will I be allowed to board without showing a return ticket or proof that I will exit USA, as I know return tickets need to be shown when entering the US with a visitor visa. I am worried that if I explain at the airport in India that I have an ecopr to continue my trip and enter Canada, they may not accept it or know that ecopr can be used, as the ecopr says not valid for travel, and I ofc would not have my card.

Has anyone successfully taken a one way flight from Mumbai or elsewhere, to US (one way), and if so, did they let you?
Was ecopr sufficient proof to show intent of leaving US?
Also wondering if its legally okay for my friend in Canada to bring my PR card to US for me, incase it arrives when I am coming back?

Thank you
You have to have a US Visa(if your country required visa for US) to enter the USA since you will be leaving the airport security area. If you happen to have a US visa, Canada G driving license, along with your passport and eCOPR, the plan will work.

j795wang

May 20, 2023
Hey folks, I am in the same situation, where I received the eCOPR on Jan 4th, 2024, but haven't received my PR card yet. My company is asking me to attend a conference in Seattle. I am planning to rent a car and drive across the boarder and drive back to Canada after the conference. Will this plan work? And what documents should I bring? Thanks a lot in advance!

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Hey folks, I am in the same situation, where I received the eCOPR on Jan 4th, 2024, but haven't received my PR card yet. My company is asking me to attend a conference in Seattle. I am planning to rent a car and drive across the boarder and drive back to Canada after the conference. Will this plan work? And what documents should I bring? Thanks a lot in advance!
Hey man, did the plan work? In the same situation. Any guidance/information is appreciated.