+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to UAE

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hello, I came to Canada as refugee and now became Permanent Residence. I want to travel UAE but they don't accept travel document. Can someone assist if I can renew my pakistani passport? Im going Dubai to get married. Will it cause any problem on sponsorship?
P.S, I have emailed to UAE embassy they don't accept travel documents only passport.
I'm originally from Pakistan

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello, I came to Canada as refugee and now became Permanent Residence. I want to travel UAE but they don't accept travel document. Can someone assist if I can renew my pakistani passport? Im going Dubai to get married. Will it cause any problem on sponsorship?
P.S, I have emailed to UAE embassy they don't accept travel documents only passport.
Become aware of YOUR responsibilities when becoming a PR thru the refugee process

https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx

Why would you want any association with the country you fled from and filed asylum from ?

The IRCC may believe that:

You chose to accept the protection of your country. You may have renewed or applied for a passport from your country, used your old passport, or travelled to your country.

Last edited:

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Become aware of YOUR responsibilities when becoming a PR thru the refugee process

https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx

Why would you want any association with the country you fled from and filed asylum from ?

The IRCC may believe that:

You chose to accept the protection of your country. You may have renewed or applied for a passport from your country, used your old passport, or travelled to your country.
It’s better to travel to another country if UAE doesn’t accept refugee travel document. I think it is unwise to renew your country passport as IRCC might believe that you no are no longer in danger in your homeland and might revoke your permanent residency.

Reactions: ref19to22

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It’s better to travel to another country if UAE doesn’t accept refugee travel document. I think it is unwise to renew your country passport as IRCC might believe that you no are no longer in danger in your homeland and might revoke your permanent residency.
That’s what the link was for

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Yes u can renew ur passport.. its online.. google it.. otherwise visit nearest pakistan embassy.. and after that u could get visa on pak passport and fly

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
i believe you should NOT use your pakistani passport for any sort of travel or renew it, as @Jakiewuyi said above.

it can cause problems for your status in Canada as a permanent resident. ircc can take your status away.

more info https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately unless you wait until you become a Canadian you need to get married in another country. I think all Gulf countries at this point may not longer allow travel with an RTD. Do not renew your Pakistani passport if your priority is a future in Canada.

Shenick77

Jun 8, 2020
Was in the same shoe, my husband and I went to Georgia to get married. Visa process was easy and the travel for him was near.
He’s from Pakistan living in Dubai. I know it doesn’t directly answer your question but maybe it helps with your decision.