+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to Toronto via Hong Kong

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
Hello experts,

I am very concern about my journey on March 11, 2020. I am traveling from Mumbai to Toronto in Cathay Pacific.
Layover in Hong Kong 1 hr.
Due to Coronavirus I am very much concern about it. What should I do ?
Shall I cancel my tickets and book another one ?
After landing in Toronto is there any problem at immigration, medical check up, put in observation for few days etc ?

What should I do ? Any one recently travel to Canada via hong kong hows their experience ?

Please advise, I am first time moving to Canada with my COPR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello experts,

I am very concern about my journey on March 11, 2020. I am traveling from Mumbai to Toronto in Cathay Pacific.
Layover in Hong Kong 1 hr.
Due to Coronavirus I am very much concern about it. What should I do ?
Shall I cancel my tickets and book another one ?
After landing in Toronto is there any problem at immigration, medical check up, put in observation for few days etc ?

What should I do ? Any one recently travel to Canada via hong kong hows their experience ?

Please advise, I am first time moving to Canada with my COPR.
It is very hard to predict what will happen. I would try to see if you can get a refund from Cathay pacific because of coronavirus and rebook using a different itinerary just to be safe. If you can’t change your ticket for free than you may want to wait it out. Assume Cathay pacific will be forced to refund you if in the future Canada is not accepting people from HK.

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
Okay, thank you for the advise and information.
So, Canada is accepting people traveling from HK till date.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay, thank you for the advise and information.
So, Canada is accepting people traveling from HK till date.
Currently yes. It is a very fluid situation. I would consider changing your flight if Cathay pacific is willing to refund your money and you’re able to find another flight that is routed through another country or direct to Canada.

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
Currently yes. It is a very fluid situation. I would consider changing your flight if Cathay pacific is willing to refund your money and you’re able to find another flight that is routed through another country or direct to Canada.
I spoke with Cathay Pacific, for refund they will but penalty will be applicable.
I am thinking that, I will book another flight and wait for Cathay Pacific. if canada suspen from HK they will refund full. if not I Have to bare the penalty of 200$

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I spoke with Cathay Pacific, for refund they will but penalty will be applicable.
I am thinking that, I will book another flight and wait for Cathay Pacific. if canada suspen from HK they will refund full. if not I Have to bare the penalty of 200$
Make sure the other flight is fully refundable if booking another flight. It is impossible to know what will happen one month from know. Things could be completely fine in HK then. At this moment there have not been a huge number of cases.

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
Make sure the other flight is fully refundable if booking another flight. It is impossible to know what will happen one month from know. Things could be completely fine in HK then. At this moment there have not been a huge number of cases.
Okay, But there is no full refund flights available. They apply penalty on cancellation.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Or you could follow good hygiene protocol and fly through HK. I’ve been through HK during previous outbreaks and they are very strict about whom they let in the airport. Those with any sign of fever are pulled aside and checked. Wash your hands, don’t touch your face until you do if you come in contact with public items. Carry some disinfectant wet wipes.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
Or you could follow good hygiene protocol and fly through HK. I’ve been through HK during previous outbreaks and they are very strict about whom they let in the airport. Those with any sign of fever are pulled aside and checked. Wash your hands, don’t touch your face until you do if you come in contact with public items. Carry some disinfectant wet wipes.
Ok I will do the same. Thank you for your advise. Cheers !

jasjassi92

Dec 11, 2019
I m also travelling on 2 of March 2020 please suggest me is there any prblm for people who travel via Hong Kong

Ash R

Jul 17, 2018
I m also travelling on 2 of March 2020 please suggest me is there any prblm for people who travel via Hong Kong
I have cancelled my tickets, as Cathay Pacific emailed me for extend the layover in Hongkong. So, I called them and told them that, It is not suitable for me the delayed flight. So, they agree to cancel the flight with FULL REFUND. I booked with other airline which is via France :)

Reactions: canuck78