+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to/from Canada

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Dear forum members

I will come in Canada in a month time as a temporary worker.
My spouse got OWP and my child got visitor with multiple entries.
I will come alone in Canada so I can settle.
After 2-3 months I plan to go to my homeland for 3-4 days just to bring my family back in Canada.I am coming from Europe and traveling to Canada will be at least 25 hours so I don't want my wife to come with small child alone.
I assume I will be allowed to leave Canada for 3-4 days and to come back?
When I re-enter Canada I don't need to show anything in the border right?
I have my tempo visa on my passport, visa type is worker?
I want to be sure about this before I land, If I am not allowed to leave and re-enter Canada then I will take my family with me the first time I land in Canada.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

noobmoon said:
Dear forum members

I will come in Canada in a month time as a temporary worker.
My spouse got OWP and my child got visitor with multiple entries.
I will come alone in Canada so I can settle.
After 2-3 months I plan to go to my homeland for 3-4 days just to bring my family back in Canada.I am coming from Europe and traveling to Canada will be at least 25 hours so I don't want my wife to come with small child alone.
I assume I will be allowed to leave Canada for 3-4 days and to come back?
When I re-enter Canada I don't need to show anything in the border right?
I have my tempo visa on my passport, visa type is worker?
I want to be sure about this before I land, If I am not allowed to leave and re-enter Canada then I will take my family with me the first time I land in Canada.

Thanks
1. Assuming you have a multiple entry TRV you can come and go. You have to show your TRV and work permit on re-entry to Canada.

noobmoon

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Yes I have Multiple W-1 Worker Visa in my passport.
So next time I enter Canada I will need to show them the work permit that will be issued upon my landing?

I just compares mine and my spouse passport and they both have M-1 Worker visa. I applied for her to get OWP? Is this ok? Should there be somewhere OWP or when she land they will check her at the system and issue her OWP work permit?

Thanks